weight gain after abortion

sleex

has anyone had an abortion? I had one a week ago and I was 8 weeks along before the procedure. ive had lots of bloating and cramps, but ive also noticed how much weight ive gained. ive gained about 10 lbs in the past few weeks and its really making me upset. I havent been eating any more or less than usual, would it have anything to do with the fact that i had an abortion? or that i was 8 weeks along? will the weight go away? Its summer and I hate not being able to fit into my clothes!

I really think this is probably coincedental and not from the abortion. I have never heard of that occurring.

Have you talked to your doctor about this? Are you on new birth control? (they can cause weight gain) There is probably some other issue causing this.

Were you thinner as a RESULT of the pregnancy? The first trimester can cause weight loss. Perhaps you lost the weight during that time and just gained it back now that you are no longer pregnant?

Do talk to your doc tho, no one here can diagnose without being a physician.

It sounds like you started gaining some of the weight while you were still pregnant. Disclaimer: I have no particular medical knowledge, but I would imagine that your hormones are pretty crazy right now, and your body has perhaps not quite processed that you are not pregnant anymore yet and has not yet gone back to "normal". If I were you, I would watch what I eat and make a push for more exercise. I'm sure your weight will go back down to normal soon.

sleex -

When I was 8 weeks pregnant, I was already starting to feel uncomfortable in my jeans, or anything else that buttoned. When you're pregnant, your body produces a lot of extra fluids that help protect the baby. Your body may not have recognized yet that there's no longer a baby there to protect. You'll start shedding that fluid eventually.

Plus, are you sure you're eating the way you should? If you're stressing over the whole situation, you might be eating things here and there that you're not supposed to, or not exercising the way you should, so you might be adding on pounds from that. My biggest problem in weight control is stress-eating - I don't even notice that I'm doing it.

sleex -

When I was 8 weeks pregnant, I was already starting to feel uncomfortable in my jeans, or anything else that buttoned. When you're pregnant, your body produces a lot of extra fluids that help protect the baby. Your body may not have recognized yet that there's no longer a baby there to protect. You'll start shedding that fluid eventually.

Plus, are you sure you're eating the way you should? If you're stressing over the whole situation, you might be eating things here and there that you're not supposed to, or not exercising the way you should, so you might be adding on pounds from that. My biggest problem in weight control is stress-eating - I don't even notice that I'm doing it.

I think she said it very well. And she is right in the beginning all the BIG changes happena nd your body kicks into overgear. As you know, Im sure they told you, It takes a while for hormone levels togo back down and so forth. Your body is just doing a transformation. Hang in there. Do you walk at night? try that maybe? It always makes you feel better too!!

i became very bloated the first few days after the abortion, but now ive just noticed ive gained weight. It could have to do with the 8 weeks pregnancy, and i dont consider myself an inactive person. My job takes a lot out of me, physically and I go for bike rides, and swim twice a week. I dont eat excessively. Maybe it will shed off in the next week or so. Thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it

Hi there. I had an abortion on may 3rd, i posted a bulletin on it also. I noticed i gained alot of weight while i was pregnant, about 10 pounds but i have lost 3 by dieting and exercising just this week. I havent heard of gaining weight after an abortion, no one told me about that. I think its probably just weight from the pregnancy catching up with you.

Anyway, on a different note..how are you feeling after everything? I would love to hear from you in a personal message.

xoxo

Archived