My grandma died

A few weeks ago my grandma had to go to the hospital because of the flu. The day before she was to be released they tried a new medication on her to help her enfasema and they over medicated her and she died 2 days later on Easter. My grandma was my favorite family member and I don't know what I'd do without her. I miss her so much. She was 80 years old and everyone loved her. I was her favorite of her 13 grand children and 14 great grandchildren. About 60 people showed up at her funeral. I was one of the 8 pole bearers. I can't believe my grandma was gone. The day before she went into the hospital I watched my new Pokemon movie with her. She loved the movie. At least we got to do something fun together before she died. I love you grandma.

I am so sorry to hear that.

My grandma passed away almost 4 years ago now, and though I am able to deal with it, it doesn't make it any easier. She was sick with the flu, which turned into bronchitis, but no-one expected her to die from it. She had clogged arteries from smoking, which was a contributing factor, but they think it was actually a heart attack that killed her. I still have days/nights where I cry my eyes out.

Last year on the anniversary of her death, i went to the cemetery with my now ex boyfriend. He couldn't really do anything but hold me while I cried and cried. And I was bawling! I was shaking from the sobs. I looked up at him to see that he had tears in his eyes too, though he had never met her, just from seeing my pain...

I know exactly what you're going through, but like you said, at least you got to do something fun together before she died. I hadn't seen my grandma for about 2 weeks when she died.

Feel free to PM me if you like. I've been through it, if you want someone to talk to. Hang in there

My condolences. My grandma passed away when I was about 16. The pain of loss is a difficult one to overcome (some never do), but remember that even though her vessel (physical self) has deceased, she'll live forever in memories and pictures. Again, I'm really sorry about your loss.

PS, the old Pokemon movie was awesome.

Sorry to hear about your grandmom, Mew. I too just recently lost my grandmother - I went home to say my last good bye and it was very emotional. Understand that death is inevitable and passing on is none other than renewal of the spirit. They may not be here with us physically but they are a part of us spiritually - they live in us through our fond memories of them. I know our grandmothers are in a much happier place.

For you - it's my favorite pokemon song - The Time Has Come (Picachu's Goodbye).

I close my eyes

And I can see

The day we met

Just one moment and I knew

You're my best friend

'Do anything

For you

We've gone so far

And done so much

And I feel

Like we've always been together

Right by my side

Through thick and thin

You're the part of my life

I'll always remember

The time has come

It's for the best I know it

Who could've guessed that you and I...

somehow, someday

We'd have to say goodbye.

You've helped me find

The strengh inside

And the courage

To make all my dreams come true

How will I find

Another friend

Like you

Two of a kind

That's what we are

And it seemed

Like we were always winning

But as our team

Is torn apart

I wish we could go

Back to the beginning

The time has come

It's for the best I know it

Who could've guessed that you and I...

Somehow, some way

We'd have to say goodbye.

Somehow today...

...we have to say goodbye.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. The special bond you had with her will live on forever in you. Remember the good times you shared and know that she will always love you. Someday if you have children and grandchildren of your own, you can tell them stories about her life and the wonderful person that she was.

Here is one of my favorite poems that always makes e feel a little better when I am missing someone:

I Did Not Die

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain;

I am the gentle Autumn’s rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush.

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there;

I did not die.

((Hugs))

BellaDonna

EDIT: The name of the poem is Indian Prayer

OMG! That was the poem that my grandma had wanted to be said at her funeral. My family is Native American. My grandma was 1/2 Cherokee and my grandpa was 1/4 Cherokee and 1/4 Black Foot. My dad is 1/8 Cherokee so that makes me 1/4 Cherokee and 1/16 Black Foot.

As for the Pokemon song "The Time Has Come (Pikachu's Goodbye)" I have the CD version, the TV version and I made a music video for it. I think I acedently deleted my only copy of the video though, but I can make it again.

MS, I'm so sorry for your loss... It's so so hard, I know... but think of it this way; think of how lucky you are to have shared your 17yrs with her... My grandparents were all dead by the time I came along (with the exception of one grandpa, who died when i was 11mos).... I would give anything to spend just a day with one of them...

It sounds like you were very close to her. You probably enriched her life SO greatly... be happy for that

Hey little bro, I thought about you today because I saw a Pokemon commercial and I wondered how you were doing. I just saw this thread for the first time, and I hope you're ok.

It's sad that your grandma passed away, but it's good that she made it to 80 and good that you got to hang out with her just before she went in the hospital. I'm sure the fact that her favorite grandchild enjoyed spending time with her was very important to her and helped to make her last years happy ones.

So you know how to make music videos, huh? Have you thought about creating one as a tribute to her? If you do, be sure and put it up on Youtube and give us a link, won't ya?

I would like to do that, but I don't have any video's of her. My family is very poor and we'll never get a video recorder. We have some old photo's of her, I could create a slide show with background music. I recently got a new hard drive so I'll have to redownload my editing programs.

Archived