Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Musicians girlfriends/wives support?

Support for boyfriend or husbands??

I am a boyfriend of an artist. She is beautiful and my stomach is always in knots when she travels, writes and has meetings with the largely male-dominated music world. I also, being a guy, pretty much know she'll be hit on a lot. We have an amazing relationship, but I get worried a lot. How do you all cope?

meh

When I met my husband he was not a musician and wanted to start a family . Now he is a full on DJ traveling all over the world but on my salery I can not afford to follow and I gotta stay home work and be with our son. It was my dream to travel and see the world and he had never been anywhere when I met him. I wanted to see the world together now he is partying all over the world. It is NOT like the military those boys work hard my man just parties. NOT FAIR AT ALLLL.

I don't cope that is why I am here.

Silver Member
    Have you tried reading the long distance relationship section? I imagine that is pretty similar when being with a guy who is away a lot.

I've been looking myself to see if there are any forums for wives and/or girlfriends of touring band members, as the relationship is definitely unique. It is rare that you have a friend to chat with that can truly understand the mindset necessary for a healthy realtionship that endures long separations. Here is a little of my story for anyone who is interested: I have been with my husband for over 11 years now (8 yrs married). When we met he was playing in a band that was just doing shows locally once in a while. He is a dedicated musician, and over time and with some member morphing he ended up starting a successful metal band. We were married for about 3 years when we made the choice (financially and mentally) to live this life together. The decision wasn't easy. We knew the sacrifices that would come along with this lifestyle. In the end, the choice was clear. This is what he was meant to do. Honestly, I cant imagine him doing anything else. Today he tours the world, and is probably on the road about half of the year. This is not all at once, of course. But can be for 4+ weeks at a time. I have taken some time off to tour with him a bit. But life on the road, even in a tour bus, is not easy. We've been lucky to be able to keep the separations down to about 3 weeks max with my visits to date. Now, we are entering a new phase together. We are about to start our family, and it will be a challenge for sure. But I am so proud of my husband, and truly excited to share this with our son. It's trying for sure, but amazing to see what he has accomplished. I hope there will be more action on this forum. I would love to hear other stories from those willing to share.

I put it all on hold 22 years ago to raise a family and have a career.......

Opening for the Circle Jerks, Black Flag and the Mentors is no life for a young dad!!!
    So I put it all on hold, quit the band but never quit playing.

I'm glad to have stopped the band thing when I did back then, although I'm alone now and divorced, raising a family and having my kids was worth the trade and I'd do it again.

I don't know how you girls do it, what I've been thru and seen......whoa boy !!!!!

i don't know if anyone will still reply but hopefully you're all still out there, and still the girlfriends of the musicians..i'm only 18 but i'm going through this right now and it's harder than i could ever have imagined, someone to relate to or anything would be great

9. 02-27-2009, 03:40 PM

girlfriend of musicians.

Hopefully people still read this, the dates go pretty far back...
    Someone who is a girlfriend of a musician, reply back, and then I'll give some input back, just cause I dont want to be starting a conversation with myself =)

Yea, the dates do go far back. I just signed up anyway to respond to you. I have 4years of expereince of trying to deal with my boyfriend being in the music industry with long bouts of touring road life. I am here if you want to talk

Hi. Do you still check this out ? The dates go pretty far back, but you are at least in 2009. I just joined and have 4 years experience with my boyfriend being in the music industry with long bouts of touring road life. I'm around to talk.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice