Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Musicians girlfriends/wives support?

Bronze Member
    My bf is in a band too. They (so far) only do tours locally, but I worry all the time what it will be like when he goes on tour, which he definitely wants to do.

there is a such thing as a local tour? are you referring to within one state or something but at distant cities? i think if you go play somewhere else and then come home at night, and go play another place, that isn't a tour.

a local tour would be like cities or towns an hour or two away.

but they would come home after though right? i wouldn't consider that a tour per se.

Well for my boyfriend's band they are. I'm not sure how it works in the states. I'm assuming its pretty much the same thing. You have a bunch of dates booked day after day and they are all places not too far from home.

i consider a tour as being on the road for weeks and not being home at all for that time period. yeah it's a 'tour' as labeled for the band's gigs, but not really 'on tour'.

I just call them mini tours. Cause when his band goes on the road, they usually stay someplace along the way. So its not like they go to the show and then come back in the same night, they usually stay at someone they know's house.

okay, i would consider that on a 'tour'. more or less on the road. i think a tour is like all over the country, multiple countries, etc.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ghost69
    there is a such thing as a local tour? are you referring to within one state or something but at distant cities? i think if you go play somewhere else and then come home at night, and go play another place, that isn't a tour.
    Sorry if I caused confusion.

Yes, I said "local tour" offhandedly, meaning, tours within the local area (I live in a big city), and that means he doesn't always come home at night because the area I live in is quite large.

I was concurring with the lady who worried about bigger tours -- I don't like thinking about losing him for 3-6 months on a state tour, or longer if it were national.

Don't even get me started on the big tours. I missed him soooo much when he went for a week! They are going away for a month this summer. My boy hasn't gotten into the 3 monthers yet.

When is your man going?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice