Removed Nuva ring How soon

Milk

Hey everyone,

I recently stopped taking the nuva ring about 2 weeks ago,after I finished my "nuva period" so I didn't stop mid cycle or anything I made sure to stop after I was done with my nuvaring cycle.

I was on the nuva ring for 7months in total before I decided to remove it in march.

and Though I've read the actual nuvaring website and such it only says.

"It can take a while for a woman’s body to adjust back to a normal menstrual cycle when she has stopped taking hormonal forms of birth control".and That it also depends on the fertility and age of both partners.

Thus far I have received no sign of a period(too, soon I know

I'd like to know if anyone here personally or knows someone who stopped taking the nuva ring and became pregnant? How soon after stopping etc...

Thank you

Yah its a little hard to read, but anywho, all kinds of birth control can delay pregnancy. The nuva ring isn't the worst of them all though. I know you would like a definite answer like, you will be fertile in three months, but unfortunatley its as vague as the website says. It just depends on you and your partner. I was on the depo shot for four years before switching right onto the pill for three months. As soon as I went off the pill, I got pregnant. Right away. The depo shot is supposed to be the worst for causing temporary infertility, for up to two years! But it didn't happen to me. But I know the feeling of being worried that it will take a while, but you just have to keep yourself busy and not think about it. It will happen at the right time.

• 3 years later...

Well I was on the Nuva-Ring for a year and a half and I normally missed one period during the summer month. But when I stopped after the cycle was complete I had a period. But after that I had no period for 4 months. I thought for sure I was pregnant. But when I went to the doctor. Nothing. The doctor ran a blood pregnancy test, A Hormonal count and a Thyroid test (along with all possible STDs to be on the safe side). She prescribed me Progesterone to try to kick a period because all the tests came back normal. After that I had a period and I thought for sure I would be able to get pregnant. So almost two months go by and I haven't had a period. I went to the doctor and once again I'm not pregnant and I've been prescribed another hormone to try to kick a period. But I think there is some other problem going on with my body and I'm afraid that the Nuva-Ring has caused Infertility I am going to go to another doctor for another opinion before I put more hormones into my body. Even though the site says it can take a while, the hormones from the Nuva-Ring may also still be in your system. I've been off it for 6 months and no sign of a baby.

Good Luck

Archived