Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Sigh) Bored... can't hang with friends...

(Sigh) Bored... can't hang with friends...

I am so annoyed and bored. A couple of old friends of ours came into town and I WAS hanging out on the deck with them, having a fake beer while they have real ones. But then because people started drinking they started smoking alot. One or two if its way accross the deck from me I don't mind, but then soon EVERYONE was smoking. It wasn't healthy so I came inside. Chances are they will be out there most of the night and I will be stuck inside where the air is clean all by myself. Sigh.

Good for you!!!

I know it sucks, but when your little one comes out perfect and healthy, you'll know it's because YOU made all the right choices!

It's only 9 months anyways.

Good job, I'm proud of you!

aw, I am sorry They should be more considerate around a pregnant woman.

They should be more considerate and not smoke around you.

Yes, I would acctually tell them not to smoke for a while, otherwise you'll have to leave.
    They're like kids.....

Yah, I hate being that big B**** who tells everyone not to do that. I get the feeling that my husband thinks I'm just being dramatic about it sometimes. It could just be my own paranoid banana brain though. Sometimes I'll say the smoke is bothering me or I shouldnt be around it and he kind of rolls his eyes.

Today he is going golfing, another thing I can't do with my friends because I'm pregnant, and I told him to keep his phone on all day because I am having some pretty crazy Braxton higg's. I got the feeling that he thought I was just using the pregnancy as an excuse to get what I want. He was like, "(sigh). Dont worry! I will have my phone on! Man, you're funny."

I am so tired of being the big B. So many people think that pregnant women are over dramatic and use pregnancy as an excuse to get people to do what they want. Its not fair.

Does your husband smoke? I think any doctor will tell you that it is extremely bad for you, and especially harmful for your baby. I don't think you are being a big B.

No he quit smoking when I got pregnant. But all of our friends do, well they at least smoke cigars and stuff while they drink. I mean, they are courteous enough to do it outside but it just means I can't hang out with them out there.

I am so tired of being pregnant. Its a difficult transition point. You don't actually HAVE a baby, so you can't be put into the "parent" category where people respect your space and everything, but you still have to do everything that a parent does. If you're the woman. Not fully out but not fully in. Its so difficult. Our one friend was like "Oh I might have to crash on your couch tomorrow night after the bar" and I mean, I can't say no, but for gods sakes I am 8 months pregnant! I have to pee like thirty times a night! You think I feel like having a drunk guy passed out on my couch???

If we had a newborn he wouldn't have asked. But pregnant? Well, thats just different I guess.

Rant... Complain... Sorry guys.

oh, it's ok..... rant away, that's what we are here for. Well, maybe when the baby comes, people will be more respectful of your need for space. i guess if he was planning on passing out on your couch, he didn't really care if you were going to pee 3 times a night or not. *sigh*

That sucks, but don't worry, you're not being over dramatic. You're being a good momma!!!

I remember I was 8 months pregnant on New Years and I was hanging out outside too...I made sure to stay away from people who were smoking as well, but sometimes someone would come over and would smoke and I'd flat out tell them to get out of my space.

It did get frustrating because it seemed like people didn't take me seriously and would blame everything I was upset about or worried about on my "hormones." That was so frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice