The intense stare

Multivitamin

I know all of you have either given it or seen it or heard of it..

The intense stare, the dear in headlights stare straight into the other persons eyes, the one usually without a smile, the one that goes on for atleast 10 seconds min....which feels like an eternity.

I think more guys do it than girls? Well, I havent stared at anyone like that unless they initiated it.. dont know about other females.

So question is...what is the point of this stare? Is it due to the intense attraction, or the feelings for the person? People do it when they dont even know the other person, or hardly much.

What are your experiences and opinions on this one?

Thats the WRONG stare. It should be only about 5 seconds...and the face should always be open and either friendly or sexy.

Just staring at a person with pure intensity can be put alot of people off. This is usually done by people who simply don't know any better or are just learning.

Thats the WRONG stare. It should be only about 5 seconds...and the face should always be open and either friendly or sexy.

Just staring at a person with pure intensity can be put alot of people off. This is usually done by people who simply don't know any better or are just learning.

LOL now I'm having some mental image of a guy that looks like you, Locke, staring at me with pure intensity from accross the bar... Shudder. Definitely, friendly/sexy is SO important. And I agree 5 seconds is enough.

(BTW, that wasn't meant to be an insult... You just look like a tough guy. You're prolly a big ol' teddy bear tho, aren't ya?!)

BTW, that wasn't meant to be an insult... You just look like a tough guy. You're prolly a big ol' teddy bear tho, aren't ya

Care to cuddle me and find out?

No, I'm no tough guy, though at over 6 foot and over 200 pounds, I look it. I'm mean when I have to be, but am actually a quit guy. Love animals, little kids and old people.

No, I'm no tough guy, though at over 6 foot and over 200 pounds, I look it. I'm mean when I have to be, but am actually a quit guy. Love animals, little kids and old people.

Ha, you're my dream dude... Good ol' southern country boy who looks like he could rip someone a new one if they were rude to his girl. Now, if only you sounded roughly like Trace Adkins, I'd consider relocating. Hahaha!

HAHAHA! Something about the way that sounds made me almost fall out of my seat. "I'm not a tough guy, I like old people!"

what does this have to do with the thread.

anyways, just stare as long as you want. when you see the person you are staring at grab their drink and aim towards you, stop.

what does this have to do with the thread.

Not a thing.

Good ol' southern country boy who looks like he could rip someone a new one if they were rude to his girl. Now, if only you sounded roughly like Trace Adkins, I'd consider relocating

I can sing...sort of. I was a beautiful tenor before my voice broke. Then 10 years of smoking. I got the Southern boy drawl but Trace's voice is a far bit deeper that mime...sorry.

Its when you are looking at something but not actually seeing it. A skill for me born out of years of education. Chaulk boards to overheads to white boards to power point presentations.

Why not focus (or not focus, as it were) on a wall or something other than a person? It's the stare serial killers (and awkward nonverbal mis-communications) are made of...

Omg, do I have something on my chin?

When I really fancied someone a while ago, I remember the most intense eye meet (not quite a stare), which really kind of unsettled me. Not overly long, but enough that it flustered me, and really turned me on. Maybe it was because the chemistry was zinging along between us, so it wasn't forced. I don't know. But I *do* remember that very clearly...Hmmm. Interesting.

Hi,

That intense stare is very creepy. I've received them from ex's who I have not seen in a long time before, as well as girls who I didn't know. Without a smile, or any softer features on her face as an expression, and I find it to be unsettling, unless of course I would be plastered at a bar and extremely horny. Everywhere else I would consider it to be rude and creepy, even if the stare means that she already had me undressed and halfway in bed with her - there are other ways of giving off this sign.

By the way, I have no clue what it means. If I had to guess, it's either because:

1 - They are mesmerized by your hotness

2 - They are daydreaming very hard and staring off into space

I doubt someone would look that long at someone if they did not find something appealing about them.

Archived