Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clogged/infected tear-duct???

jengh

Question Clogged/infected tear-duct???

So my right eye's tear duct is EXTREMELY swelled up and sore...

I don't know if the tear duct is clogged or if it's infected or what. It definitely seems "gooey-er" than usual (sorry). I've tried putting a hot wash cloth over it... I wear contacts but they've been out for a while...

Anyone have any suggestions/know what I could do about this?

Merci boucoup.

Edit: I haven't slept in my contacts or injured my eye in any way....

It hurts make it stop. Ugh
    Last edited by jengh; 04-04-2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: add...

kr356
    I had something similar, my dr said that it should go away on it's own in a few days but if the pain is unbarable or it feels like it is getting worse he gave me some anti biotics for it and it went away within a day or two

CarnelianButterfly
    Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    You should try to see a doctor. If its infected there could be some serious problems.

Take some ibuprofen.

The hot cloth is not going to help, use a cool, super clean cloth, preferably something that has been bleached recently.

Don't touch it, if you do, make sure you wash your hands well.

willow2900
    Gold Member
    Have you had a "sty" or medical term conjunctivitis before? If you wear contacts (like me) you are prone to them just because of your fingers near your eye. Take it easy on the contacts for a few days, and it'll go away. If it persists longer than 3 days then go to your doctor.

jengh
    what kind of antibiotics? I have a bunch left over from some other infection a while back... I could try them...

jengh
    Quote Originally Posted by willow2900 [Register to see the link]
    Have you had a "sty" or medical term conjunctivitis before? If you wear contacts (like me) you are prone to them just because of your fingers near your eye. Take it easy on the contacts for a few days, and it'll go away. If it persists longer than 3 days then go to your doctor.
    no, I've never had that before...

Gah, go without my contacts? crap.

kr356
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveMyBabyCairo [Register to see the link]
    what kind of antibiotics? I have a bunch left over from some other infection a while back... I could try them...
    I wouldn't if i was you, that's pretty dangerous.

I would go to the dr.

jengh
    gahhh i hate going to doctors....

Okay, so cool washcloth, no contacts, no fingers near eye....got it..

CarnelianButterfly
    Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveMyBabyCairo [Register to see the link]
    Don't do that!

Do not self medicate. You should talk to a doctor. Never use old medication, you can only make things worse if the medication is not specific or strong enough for an infection. It could cause resistance and make it hard to get rid of it.

jengh
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnelianButterfly [Register to see the link]
    Don't do that!

Do not self medicate. You should talk to a doctor. Never use old medication, you can only make things worse if the medication is not specific or strong enough for an infection. It could cause resistance and make it hard to get rid of it.
    my drug-program on my palm pilot says it's for infections and bacteria... but okay... I self-medicate a lot... I have a lot of useless medical knowledge... was going to be a doctor. That was a bust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Ritalin
Hello...I live in Ontario Canada.. Noe sure if anyone on here is familiar with medical protocol. I have a 24 year old son.. Was diagnosed with CAPD
I keep watching movies and reading books for children, do you think it's normal?
Hey, I turned 21 this summer, I finished my bachelor degree and I can say that I'am at that point in my life where I don't know what I want in life
What do you do to make yourself feel good?
I posted yesterday about a weird situation with a guy I was involved with. Tonight I asked him outright if he was back with his ex, he told me it's
Over eating and stressed
I posted about my father has cancer and is declining. I also recently lost my job because my car broke down. I call friends to talk about anything
Feeling lost, like I don't know myself anymore needs help!
Hi all. I'll try keep this short. I need some help right now I'm feeling so lost. I've went through a lot the past year and a half. I had to

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
The ex that wouldn't go away
I am engaged to the woman of my dreams. After a couple dates I told everyone I was going to marry her. She told her friends the same. My only hang up
Crying
IM A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN ,and my life has turned upside down. I cry day and night. For some damn reason I'm lost , alone and just cant figure things
SO (girl of 23) doubting our relationship, won't let go of ex
So currently going through a very complicated situation with my SO. I started seeing this girl in November of last year, while she was still with
My friend has no life...No job and currently lives at home. At nearly 30
One of my very good friends has always been the impressionable type. When I encouraged her to have stronger boundaries, to be less passive and to
Ex is getting married
Hi, I went into no contact with my ex around 14 weeks ago. I had decided that there's nothing left for me to do or say that would bring her back to
Friendless and Lonely
Hi all, I've decided to turn to an online forum for advice on a current friendship issue. I want to say thank you in advance to those who take the
Swapping childcare, she stopped responding...
Background: I struggle with intimacy and relationships in general. Coming from abuse and neglect means I've always struggled with trusting others
Ask For Advice