How long is the longest you go without seeing your other half?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i went 2 months without seeing my other half, she went to visit family abroad....

i didnt get to talk to her much, i wish i had talked to her more though because when she came back it was kind of strange, would have been better if i talked to her more, but contact was limited due to circumstances beyound our control!!

it was hard but i kept my self busy, thats what you should do.

just remember theyl be back !! look forward to that day, dont be sad because there gone, but happy because they WILL be back.

and when they do come back you can catch up on alot of things.....

take care of yourself.

Thanks for the replies!! Yeah it'd be weird if I don't contact him much for 2 months.. but we contact daily! Via msn and e-mail, I send him presents occasionally for our anniversaries.

I just done up a photobook of us, going to mail it to him tomorrow! Yeah, trying my best to keep busy but I always end up cooped up at home chatting with him via MSN. Haha. LDRs are hard!!

wow.. at least yours is 47 days to go, I still have 66 days!! :S..

I cry every now and then when I see his photos, feel so emotional and missing him so badly. Don't know how to cope.. 'cos its my first time. I've always been in geographically close relationships.

This LDR is gonna last a few months I think... but if he doesn't get a job here it might last 2 years!! If so, I'd rather move to his country.. Sigh.

Mine and I are going about 2.5 months this time, since he's recording for 60 days straight, and I have school. It's awful, though, but we gotta. I desperately want him to come visit me, because I think they might finish recording sooner than they'd expected. But yeah, 2.5 months. It's not usually ever that long. We can do it, ahhh!

Longest has been 1 month. On average we try to get together ever 2-3 weeks.

As to who visits whom... we try to take turns. Previously I used to visit him more due to flexibility in my schedule. Now it seems to pretty much alternate.

I'm half way through a six month wait. three down...ah...damn...three more to go. even then it's still another year before we can be in the same country. england/australia anyone?

the part im finding tough is that we're at the 'laze around on the sofa' stage - we're comfortable with eachother to not need to speak...but seeing as we're a bit far apart, speaking is all we can do...!!

xx

Oh man.. 3 months is longer than what i've to wait. I still have 64 more days now.. sob sob.

Hey people, use Skype or MSN voice chat, its good!! I've been doing that recently.. I cry alot now too 'cos I hear him and I can't see or touch him. YES I'M SO STRESSED 'cos I can't see him.

I hope 2 months will fly pass.. I'm from Singapore, anyone? He's from Serbia. Thousands of miles!

My bf and I live about 100 miles from one another but it's not really the distance that is the main problem. He usually works about 80 hours a week which makes finding time difficult. The longest we've spent apart is probably 2 and a half weeks.

Due to my work schedule being a lot less intense than his (I'm a teacher and if I plan well I can leave almost as soon as school finishes as well as holidays) I generally go to him. This is fine by me, but other people seem to think it's a big issue; 'Why doesn't he come to you more? That's not fair!' etc. You just ahev to work with what you've got and try and see each other whenever you can.

I feel for all of you doing the distance. Mine's not a really long way but I feel your pain! It's hard

Lately, the longest is one month, although in our 12-year relationship (married 10 years, most of it in same zip code) we have been apart for as long as 3 months.

Having just moved 2000 miles away from my family for a 10-month assignment, I can say it's been Hades (sometimes). So I can relate. When we were deciding about this separation and how long it could last, we came up with a few ground rules:

1) We will always know the next time we will see each other (i.e., it will be planned/tix purchased etc) and it will be a minimum of once per month

2) Our total separation cannot last longer than 1 year (he thought he could last 2 but then we had to go with the overall minimum of both, which was a year for me - 2 would make me insane)

3) any and all discomforts, insecurities, problems, etc. will be shared as soon as humanly possible (considering travel schedules and time zones)

Hope that helps a little...

W

Archived