Ladies, what is a good first impression?

Salucious

I just wanted to ask the girls here what a good first impression from a guy they meet would be. I'm not talking about while in a bar/club setting, but just out in public, or from being introduced by a friend. I'm trying to act less shy when meeting people so they might be interested in talking to me again. Do girls ever have the desire to see a guy again just from the first impression? I never thought about it too much, but now that I have I believe it is why I have trouble making friends, my first encounters with people are too dull. I'm hoping i can learn to open up more and say more than boring chit-chat.

A good first impression is a man with a warm genuine smile, who carries himself well and who, I can tell, has a sense of humor compatible with mine. He makes good eye contact, seems to listen to what I am saying, asks about me in a sincere/genuine way and in general seems positive and upbeat (no need to be ecstatic but I find negativity/whining a turn off).

Yes, Ive definatly had the urge to see a guy agian just from the first impression. Even if we never spoke.

What makes a good impression to me is when someone is just all around pleasant to be with. That means not loud or abbrasive, looks happy and comfortable, laughs, is cosiderate, just all around nice to be near. Oh, and it helps if he's looked at me or smiled in my direction. Thats the type of guy Im drawn to. But thats just me.

10-15 years ago, I would of had a different answer. I thought I liked the "bad" boy, but I grew out of that. Nice to look at, but not cut out for the kind of relationship I want.

Guys I've fancied - hmmm, lot of eye contact and smiling. Bit of flirting. Good chat - I mean, gets you and the conversation keeps bubbling along, sparkling.

Looks - not important; attitude everything. BUT a nice attitude, not that arrogant 'player' advice you get. I hate that, to be honest, personally.

Good hygiene. Nice to everyone - I don't like men who are nice to me if they fancy me, but horrible to others. Blerugh, complete turnoff.

Good luck!

Archived