my parents found out, and i stoped, but im finding it hard to not cut myself again!

I started cutting myself, when i found out my best mate was and she tryed to kill herself, and told me how were and when, and it go to much for me and i told a teacher at skool bout her. and she gets help now, but im sure she still does it, but i dont know coz we dont talk much now, but in january a cut of mine was really hurting and got sent to the skool nurse by my maths teacher, but she promised not to say anything, but the nurse told this teacher who i seen before, coz i have major depperssion, and then i wrote a suidie note to my best mate and also told her on msn she was the only reason i was still living, and she showed this teacher the convo and told her bout the note, and now my parents know, i have stoped since then, but i have really bad scars and every day i want to do it again but i try and stop myself but im finding it hard, and i dont know wat to do now

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if your parents know then you don't have to try to keep this a secret from them. If you are having a lot of trouble stopping and it's really hard for you then why not go talk to them about it? You can tell them how hard it is for you to stop and ask if they can get you some help.

Cutting IS hard to stop. It's addictive - some might say as addictive as any drug is. So a lot of people simply can't stop on their own without some help.

i am getting help at the mo well i was then it stoped coz they are sorting out me seeing some one new coz i just got worse, i havnt cut myself for about 5 weeks, and that was coz i realise i like this guy, but hes older then my by nearly 5 years and he likes me to, so every time i try to i think of him and it stops me, so thats something i supose, but it is getting harder everyday

Ok, so your parents are working on a new counselor. Thats good. Not every counselor works with every case so sometimes you need to see a few different ones before you find someone that you trust and who can really help.

In the meantime, here's a place you can go that offers some alternatives when you really feel like injuring:

link removed

The best one I've seen is getting some ice cubes and crushing them in your hand (the square ones with pointy edges, not the round ones). They hurt, but don't actually cut you or injure the skin. They can snap you back out of that trance you feel coming on when you are most likely to cut.

Don't go back there, you know how it feels to have to hide away. Temptation can be a powerful thing... But each time you give in you are making work harder for yourself. You are a beautiful person, remember that

I'm always here if you want to talk and i know how it feels to be a cutter so just PM me anytime you need.

Goodluck, Rozie.

i totally know how you feel, even though that sounds cliche. i cut twice and stopped and all the time i still want to cut. i was forced to stop because my rents found out but still. it sucks, i know. just keep at it, i use the rubberband technique. rubberband goes around the wrist, everytime i want to, i snap it, HARD. it gets red, and hurts like he** but it works. the great part is u can do it anytime, anywhere and it helps.

I think its awesome how you're finding alternatives to cutting! Stopping is never easy, so the amount of time you've gone so far is truly amazing! If you havent already, get rid of everything you would usually use to hurt yourself. It might make you feel insecure knowing you don't have that to fall back on when times get hard, but getting rid of that temptation is the first step. Keep with it girl! =)

tempetations will never go away. try and stay away from the danger line where theres no going back. smoking is only a slower way of harming yourself. in the long run, it would be shortening your life. it is not a good way to turn. if you start smoking as a coping method, it is never too late to quit. you will find you want something as a coping method, but smoking is never good. have a think about what you could do to take your mind off self harm. perhaps you could make sure you're around someone, or phone someone, so that you cant hurt yourself. though this is difficult at night time of course, when many people feel vunerable.

Archived