Would you have a child with an abusive partner?

Scout

If so, please link removed. This woman's baby was just stabbed in the back and tossed out a car window by his abusive father - a man who had a history of abusing her before she got pregnant with this helpless child.

While I feel terribly sorry for anyone in an abusive situation, they are adults who usually have the capacity to get out of it. A child does not.

Ya, wow. That makes me really hate my ex, who went BACK to her ex who ABUSED her infront of their child....and now I have a son with her who will be subjected to this. Although, he is going back to prison....and I am not sure she will stay with him, even though she is pregnant again from him....

I kinda just realized my situation is a little f-ed up.

That article was horrible. How could someone do that to ANY child, not to mention his own.

Scout, I read that in my local paper.

I kid you not, I literally laughed out loud in astounded joy when I got to the part that says the Child Lived.

!!!

Babies are so tough!

The story is so scary and how can a person not cry for that little guy. He is just a wee little fella - and he had to pay for the 'grown-ups' mistakes.

I hope someone out there pays heed to your post. If you can't leave for yourself, leave for your potential children or the children you already have.

While I feel terribly sorry for anyone in an abusive situation, they are adults who usually have the capacity to get out of it.

I don't agree with that, Scout. Opportunity and means of escape are often lacking for an abused partner. Having a captive audience is one of the things that emboldens abusers to perpetuate their behavior.

Furthermore, it's important to note that child murder is exceedingly rare - which is why a horrific story like the one about this madman makes international headlines - while abusiveness toward a life partner, sadly, is not.

In my own experience, a person can be a hellish spouse and still be a decent parent. This is not to say that an abused person should stay with one of these victimizers; I'm just stating one of the reasons they sometimes do.

Why are there so many psychos out there? And why do so many women put up with it?

Those phychos are either mentally unstable or ruthless creatures lacking compassion. As for those women that put up with it, it's either stockholm syndrome, co-dependence or very low self-esteem. It's never love with staying with an abusive partner (let that be man or woman).

That happened near me I think.....

Unfortunately, women that choose to have children with abusive partners are most likely not in the right set of mind, stable, confident, or realistic of what the dangers are.

Take me as an example. My son's father was an alcoholic and drug abuser. I didn't realize at the time that I should be more judgemental and less accepting. To me, that was the way of life (small town,) and I thought he'd change. When my son was six months old, we moved out.

well fraid ive just found out im 7 weeks pregnant by my verbally,emotionally abusive (recent) ex bf!!

my strength says i dont want my baby to grow up thinking that its the norm for daddies to treat mammies like that

yet this moment in time i just want the father of my baby here,supporting me

its tough its hard,and abusers work by wearing down their partners self etseem and self worth so much so they believe what they are told,even if a voice within knows its wrong... it becomes a vicious cycle of leaving,going back,leaving,going back.... even tho ive left my bf,and went back,and was still kinda affectionate with him,he was pushing for me to say that id come back and i said no,we cant go back,i still love you but too much has been said and done.now hes tried playing the depressed wreck and when that hasnt worked he's turned as cold as ice and frooze me and the new baby out - guess in the long run hes done us both a favour!

but pls ppl dont judge these women and men who just go back,its a deep fcuked up cycle and unless youve been there you cant judge. i was a strong independent woman when i met my ex,within months i had put on 28lbs and all my confidence had gone.

reading horrific stories like that tho makes me wanna scream at this world...

Archived