Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do men usually come back and not women??

celene

Why do men usually come back and not women??

I am not sure if people agree with me on this. But let me tell you my story. When I was 20, I was madly in love with this guy. He broke up with me because he needed space, wanted to find himseld etc. It hit me hard since I was really into him. It took me nearly a year and a half to fully get over him but when I did, I was over him, completely. I heard from friends that he was "half seeing someone" and later he got himself a "proper" girlfriend and I also heard from common friends.( we have too many!!) that he broke up with her. This was two years ago and I havent seen him for nearly five years.
    Anyways, he sends me an email a couple of months ago and I think why shouldnt I send him a reply after all its been five years, I am sure he just wants to say hi. So we start to communicate as friends or atleast that is what I thought it was till he told me how much he misses me and how much he wants to come and see me and see where this goes. My jaws dropped because I remember how much I cried and begged him to give us another chance and here he was five years later doing the same. Of course I said no and that I had truly moved on and I could see him only as a friend....but I am not the only case. A lot more guys tend to go back to past relationships than women. I think its becase We moan, we cry, we are in absolute misery but the day we move on we really move on. I dont think guys do that!! What do u think????
    Last edited by celene; 03-07-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Maverick32x
    Platinum Member
    According to some stats from a presentation I went to, Women get over men much faster than men get over women...... so ya, I believe it...

I personally have alot of trouble completely getting over girls that I've been with..... I mean, I dont constantly call them and check up on them, but I usually will think about them from time to time.. but never act on it~

Maverick32x
    Platinum Member
    oh ya, why do i think that... well I think it has alot to do with the fact that when a girl breaks up with a guy she has her mind made up, and its for VERY diffrent reasons (usually) when a guy breaks up with a girl...

I get the feeling that most girls break up with a guy because they truly are incompatible and its time to move on.. I get the feeling most guys break up with a girl because there is a better option.. (I know thats not always the case, but i think its more common)

shes2smart
    I've never had a relationship with a woman, so I don't have much to compare to.

Every ex I've had where I was the one who ended the relationship has attempted to get back in touch with me post-break-up. Sometimes YEARS after we split. In once case it was long enough since our break-up and I had moved on to the point that I had met & was happily married to someone else.

One time, the only ex I keep in touch with was listening to me whine about some other ex who had contacted me outta nowhere...and he said (partially joking, partially seriously), "We're dogs. You said 'yes' to us before, you might say 'yes' again...."

That's always been in the back of my mind if I hear from an ex......

JoeWho
    I think that guys do that also. Maybe girls tend to do it more but I know lots of guys who were dumped and then had their ex try to come back and they said no.

There seems to be a window of time where the person being dumped will take the dumper back regardless of gender and once that window closes it is closed for good. For me its only been six months and I am very confident that I would tell my ex to take a hike if she tried to come back.

shes2smart
    Oh, yeah...one other thought I had...

Maybe this isn't so much about who comes back more: men/women but more about which role you had in the break-up...so who comes back more: dumper or dumpee....

Locke2121
    I've got a few personal views on a man's heart in my public journal if you want to go look.

celene
    Hey Maverik I agree with u on that point. Men dump women because they think there is a better option out there....

9. Thanks Lolitaaa thanked for this post
  10. 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM

astaro
    Quote Originally Posted by yokeydokey [Register to see the link]
    It's like a dog returning to its own vomit. Not a good idea. Go eat something fresh.
    thanks, that got a really good laugh outa me.

darkpumpkin
    hey yokeydokey harsh but true. Men know that once you said yes you might be open to saying it again. With woman I believe anyway that part of the healing is realizing it would never work and no point. Lol that's why woman are not dogs lol they know when to leave their vomit alone.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Will seducing him work?
Hi. I'm new. I joined these forums specifically because I needed some advice on what I can do to get back together with my ex. I've tried looking at
I wasn't given a second chance but I want to fight for it
So here I am, 18 year old guy, who just became single again after his one and a half year (now ex)girlfriend broke up with him. Many things
Made Me Feel Like It Was My Fault.
I made a thread not too long ago but since then a lot has changed. I won't go into all the details again, if you really want to know you can just go
Ex of 3 yrs broke up - i feel like she may want me back
3 year GF. Sent me email Aug 7 wanting to breakup. She started talking to this new guy immediately, although she had met him in a store a month
How to Remain Friendly / Not Push Him Away Further
My ex and I have broken up 4 times in the span of 1.5 year. Each time we would have LC for about 3 weeks before getting back together. The third
Will she ever come back?
I've finally givin up hope for any chance of trying with her again anytime soon. I'm trying to move on now but for some reason it makes me feel
I need help
So my ex girlfriend and I guess broke up we were fighting a lot and about a week ago she said she had enough and wanted to see me change. I was

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Whatever Happened to.....
Hey there, Does anyone know whatever happened to ENA old timers Brownstone, TiredTiger, SuperDave, mhowe, John Galt, Shane Falco, etc? I'd be
I Need Urgent Help With This, Please!!!
Sorry this is long, just want to explain the whole thing. I've been dating a guy for about 3 weeks. The first two weeks we hung out as "friends"
Being a "little man"
So I've been carrying this chip on my shoulder that has been a hindrance to my self confidence that I wanna get rid of. I'm 5'6, with hands and feet
So we broke up, but while I was breaking up with him his phone rang...
So I broke up with this guy who I thought was absolutely wonderful and trying to support as he was going through so much, divorce, business
No contact rule to get ex back.
So ive used the no contact rule to get my ex of 2 years back one other time after we had a short break. Our relationship only allowed us to see each
Am I being too harsh or a push over?
First post so here goes feel like I don't have anyone to turn to about this. Been in a relationship for about 6 years now all has been great for
You find love when you stop looking ??
I don't know how many times I've heard this expression. What do the people of ENA think of this statement? I get pretty annoyed when somebody
Ask For Advice