Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite comic books?

Some of my faves:

image removed

image removed

image removed

image removed

Sorry bout the different sizings. Gots no re-sizing skills.

I used to read spiderman and x-men a lot when I was younger. My favourite would be the x-men spin-off Excalibur, that was fantastic! I bought a whole bunch of them the other year and relived the auld days, it was great!
    And to whoever said they only get the Beano and Dandy in England --what about the VIZ!

[QUOTE=nobodies;2131557]I used to read spiderman and x-men a lot when I was younger. My favourite would be the x-men spin-off Excalibur, that was fantastic! I bought a whole bunch of them the other year and relived the auld days, it was great!
    And to whoever said they only get the Beano and Dandy in England --what about the VIZ!

Yeah, sometimes I get out my old comic books, a couple'a hunks of licorice and it takes me back.

I also like reading the ads, selling seeds, X-ray specs, a working submarine only $2.95!

Jeff

4. 04-27-2008, 10:58 PM

x-men for sure.

their universe is so massive that some amazing stories can be told..
    All the marvel characters come into play in xmen comics so theres scores of charcters to follow.

x-men is the reason why heroes the nbc show is the greatest show i've ever seen.

She-Hulk all the way.

Haha just kidding.

When I was little the only comic books I owned were those thin Sailor Moon ones they used to put out, they don't make them anymore though I went to a Comic King recently to check out of curiosity

But I also used to read the ones my cousins had- they had a lot of X-men comics. My mom would never buy me and my sister that "boy stuff" haha.

So I'd say X-men is my favorite classic comic.

More recently, I haven't read any Marvel or DC but I'm very into Japanese graphic novels, like the ones put out by Dark Horse, Tokyopop, and Shonen Jump.

I just finshed Rurouni Kenshin, GTO, and am still working my way steadily through Boys Over Flowers....that sounds like an odd combination but my taste varies quite a bit.

vermilion your such a dude...

hey read trigun and trigun maximum graphic novels....or the anime. im watching death note now.

Originally Posted by sti_2004
    vermilion your such a dude...

hey read trigun and trigun maximum graphic novels....or the anime. im watching death note now.
    haha thanks...I guess

I've seen trigun, read a bit of the manga too. I used to work at a bookstore and Deathnote always sold like crazy. So I'm curious but just haven't gotten around to it. Everyone seems to love it though, so I'll definitely check it out!

Archie comics are "sissy" titles?? HMPH!!!

I have been reading them since I was a little kid but I have not purchased any news ones in saaaaay, 12 years now. The oldies are the goodies. Last I heard, they were giving the comic a whole new look:

image removed

New look on the left, original on the right.

NO THANKS!!!

It's funny but the older Archie ones appear to be much cooler and simplistic- the way all the newer more popular comics like manga look. And the new version looks like it's taken a step BACK in time. Doesn't make much sense! I would rather read the right one judging by the cover. What were they thinking? Bad marketing move I think

Originally Posted by dqueen
    Archie comics are "sissy" titles?? HMPH!!!

I have been reading them since I was a little kid but I have not purchased any news ones in saaaaay, 12 years now. The oldies are the goodies. Last I heard, they were giving the comic a whole new look:

image removed

New look on the left, original on the right.

NO THANKS!!!
    I loved the Archie comics. I don't think they should change the look. I like the older version better.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice