Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthday gift idea for a new acquaintance?

chet

Birthday gift idea for a new acquaintance?

I'm attending a very casual birthday party for a new acquaintance soon. I was invited by our mutual friend that is organizing the event. I don't know her well (the birthday girl), but have hung out with her a few times, always in a group setting. I doubt most folks at this event are even getting her a gift, so I don't want to get her anything that draws attention to the fact that nobody else got her anything... just something small, cute, or funny -- or maybe nothing if it is too soon since I don't know her that well yet -- but would like to know her better. A few details about her... she is into photography, she runs and is training for a marathon (we are all in a running club), she drinks beer -- a funny beer mug maybe? Hell I don't know, if I had a great idea I wouldn't be asking here... lol.

Dating Coach
    If you are interested in her romantically I would strongly advice against getting her a gift.

chet
    Why is that?

Dating Coach
    [Register to see the link]

This is why.

chet
    This isn't a gift for a date, it is for a birthday party. I don't see what your other post about dating has to do with this... and I'm not talking about flowers but something funny (like the beer mug idea), but better than the beer mug idea.

Anybody else?

jessijess
    I'd get her a funny card, If you feel l like you want to buy her soemthing you can throw in some lotto tickets or a postcard of a beautiful photograph since you said she likes photography

chet
    Thats more like it, thanks. I do like giving funny cards to people.

ghost69
    a funny card is perfect. maybe a cheap gift card to starbuck's or something. it's simple and innocent.

jengh
    Definitely a funny card. I think a beer mug would be cute, too... It's not over-the-top and is pretty cheap. Ghost's idea of a gift card to starbucks was a good one.

ghost69
    maybe she will invite you to share the card with her. you get your money back and a possible friend or date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
I need to tell him how I feel
Please refrain from commenting things such as how inappropriate / messed up this situation. If you disagree with the situation in entirety, I
is he into me or nah?
Hello, I got single 7 months ago and ended my contact with my ex for good 4 months ago, it ended very badly and my ex turned out to be a complete
Wierd situation with a younger guy!
Hi! First of all I want to just clarify that I don't live in the US so excuse my spelling mistakes! AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WHILE
Getting over a crush
So as I have previously mentioned in other posts, I am having a problem with infatuation. He is a professor and a lot older than me, at first I
what does this mean
Hello guys, I am looking forward for your opinion about this dilema I'm currently having quite a while back (maybe you guys faced with a similar
developments
So apparently now my professor has only said to me about going out for dinner...even though he said "some of us should get together". I hardly speak
Girl sends me mixed signals. What does it mean?
There's this girl at my job that I'm attracted to. She's beautiful. She has a boyfriend who she has a kid with and has been with for a while. But

Featured Threads
Who is in the wrong?
This person isn't really a "friend" she is 24+ years older than me. I have a feeling I'm getting taken advantage of because of my age. I started
I became engaged with a girl who calls herself a "free spirit"......need clarity
I met a wonderful and bright girl 3.5 years ago and she by far stole my heart. She is appositely beautiful, funny, intelligent and outgoing. She is
Has anyone ever totally given up on finding love?
Hello everyone! Well I been wanting to post this for a few weeks now. I don't really know how to say it or word it. But, who here has or knows
Today "should" have been our 6 year anniversary
Today was suppose to be our 6th year together. Today is the first time on this date that we are not together. We made this date a big deal
Shoud I break up because my girlfriend hooked up with my cousin in t
I'm jealous because my girlfriend had casual sex with my cousin before she met me. We've been dating for a year, she's very funny, caring, sexy
I'm in love with my co-worker 😥
My coworker and I started working together about 10 months ago. We work closely together all day just the two of us mainly. From the day he started
Aggressive Courting
There's this girl I really, really like, and would really want to be in a relationship with. Unfortunately, recently I messed up, and now I think she
Ask For Advice