Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to tell if gf has a promiscuous past?

How to tell if gf has a promiscuous past?

Been dating my gf (she is 36) for 8 months or so. We are doing fine.

I just want to know if there is a way to tell if she has had a promiscuous past or not.

She has never been married.

I don't want to bring this up to her, and if I did, she would probably lie about the "number" anyway. But I really want to know if she has been around or not.

If I asked, do most women lie about the number of partners they have been with?

Also, what is probably a ballpark number for her? - 36, never married?

I think the real question is, why do you care?

I think you can usually get a hunch about a persons past after you get to know them a little bit. If you ask her though be prepared for whatever she has to tell you and then be ready for her to return the favor to you. Yikes!!!

Bronze Member
    I think theres actually some silly formula for this..like for girls its 2 partners per year or something? I dont know!

ANyhow though, even though shes not married doesnt mean she didnt have several long term relationships in her past.

I care because i just want to know. They say the past doesn't matter, but it does. I don't want to get really serious with a woman who has been with a lot of guys.

Originally Posted by whattheheck
    I care because i just want to know. They say the past doesn't matter, but it does. I don't want to get really serious with a woman who has been with a lot of guys.

As unpopular as this may be with a lot of people, I agree with you. I would want to know also.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by whattheheck
    This is complete crap.

With the exception of possible STDs (can be known with a test you both should get anyways...), how does her number of partners have anything to do with her suitability as a partner?

Hmm, k, weird.

Well, there are two ways. One is to just, y'know, ask her. I mean, she may lie, but she may not and since there's no real way to tell, that may not be the way to go.

The other way is to hire a private detective and dig into her past. I think you should totally do this one!

I think that is cruddy. My fiance was single for 14 years....me only for three. I would NEVER ask him that question. It is none of my business. The only thing that matters is that he loves me now and we are monogomous. It is unfair to go stirring and snooping about in someone's past..if it were me, and you were asking that question..I would tell you to mind your own business.
    Perhaps you should date women who are virgins, young or right out of a convent. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by fnlyfrei
    Perhaps you should date women who are virgins, young or right out of a convent.
    Move to Saudi Arabia. I hear the girls there are nice and innocent.

Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice