~Single Parenting~

Not sure why I haven't posted about this before...

I'm a single mommy of a 3.5 year old daughter and a 6.5 year old son. They are Wonderful!!!!!!!

Just wondering if there are any other single mom's or dad's around here?

Also curious about things you do to cram everything into a day, to enjoy time with your children, to make things run smoothly!

As I've said in many other posts, I truly think every child deserves a two parent home! Obviously, that's not always possible and unfortunately, I didn't make that happen for my children. Being a single parent is rough - I think I need a clone so I can stay on top of everything!

Can't wait to hear your stories and to get to know ya!

Hey im a single mum with 2 little cherubs! Its hard work sometimes but rewarding

We're into arts and crafts at the moment, the living room ended up covered in feathers last night! We bake cakes and go into town to feed the ducks a lot. Ive found you dont have to spend a lot of money to keep small minds amused. Board games as well, we love those. My daughter had a limbo game for her birthday (how low can you go?!) Thats good fun, they find it rather amusing to see mummy in a heap on the floor!

I woke up on saturday morning to find my son was BRIGHT yellow, from head to toe...he'd coloured himself in with a felt tip pen. After i'd told him off he looked up at me with puppy dog eyes and said "But mum...I just wanted to be like Homer" Hahaha kids, you gotta love em!

Hehehehehe! What a story! You know how ya just gotta go with the flow I'm sure! Your story reminds me of a time that my daughter got peanut butter off the counter while I was upstairs gathering laundry. She was covered head to toe!

You're so right! It's the most rewarding position in the world!

We too love board games and crafts as well as baking and playdoh. Lots of imagination fun - playing "scooby doo" and such. How old are your little ones?

My daughters 7 and my sons 4 and they make me laugh so much. Just recently i split up with my boyfriend and was really worried about how they'd take it. My daughter hugged me and said "its ok mum he had wonky teeth anyway" LOL

I guess im lucky as most of my friends have kids too, its nice to catch up and watch all our children play together. I forgot to mention playdo haha, mmm i love the smell of that stuff!

I am a single Mum, I have one son, 4.5 years old and just gorgeous!!!

It can be tough doing it alone, more physically exhaustong than anything, trying to juggle work, house and give my little guy the quality time he deserves... it's great though... he makes me laugh!

A few weeks back I was getting dressed for work and he screwed up his nose and said "are you wearing that?" and I said yes, sheepishly... wondering what was wrong with it... "Does it make my bottom look big?!" I giggled.

"Yeah, do you want me to make some holes in your bottom to let some air out?" he says.... I was speechless!!!! They're just darling, aren't they?!

I am a single Mum, I have one son, 4.5 years old and just gorgeous!!!

It can be tough doing it alone, more physically exhaustong than anything, trying to juggle work, house and give my little guy the quality time he deserves... it's great though... he makes me laugh!

A few weeks back I was getting dressed for work and he screwed up his nose and said "are you wearing that?" and I said yes, sheepishly... wondering what was wrong with it... "Does it make my bottom look big?!" I giggled.

"Yeah, do you want me to make some holes in your bottom to let some air out?" he says.... I was speechless!!!! They're just darling, aren't they?!

Hayles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! You have a little man with a sense of humor on your hands!

And what you have in bold above = Couldn't have said it better! I honestly think being a single mommy may very well be one of the most difficult things anyone could do!

I was a single mom for five years. It was hard... That was only one baby, now have three babies... being single again would be a nightmare for me.

Southern - I didn't know that about you - that you were a single mom for years!

My sister has three children / wait - both of my sisters have 3 children and are single.

NO WAY!!! I can't imagine!

I have to say, single moms rock my world. My mom raised my sister single for most of her childhood, and me on and off because I moved back and forth between her and my dad.

She had the strength to leave us with our grandma when I was just 6 and my sister 11 and go get sober, and her 20-year sobriety anniversary is next week.

I remember the day she came home and said she had just gotten laid off. I was 10, and I said "I'm sorry, Mom," and went back to my cartoons because I took EVERYTHING for granted - that's how little my mom laid on our shoulders. Now that I think about it, having no job and a 10- and 16-year-old would probably scare me half to death - I can't imagine how afraid she was. She found another job quickly though, but she still managed to raise the two of us at $8 an hour, no insurance (she paid all our medical and dental bills on credit cards), with very little light at the end of the tunnel.

She married my stepdad when I was 12, and he has been an amazing support for her and for me and my sister.

Now that I have a child, and look forward every day to my husband getting home and taking him for a few minutes while I go unwind a little, I obviously recognize even more what my mom went through.

I could go on and on gettin' all sentimental about my mom, but I have to unplug the computer... darn tornado watches...

What a great post!

I'm starting out single and I honestly do not know how I'm going to do it. I get so overwhelmed, thinking about the huge task in front of me and I sincerely respect all of you. I've only been doing this three weeks and it's the hardest thing I've had to do so far in my life.

Hats off, ladies!

What a great post!

I'm starting out single and I honestly do not know how I'm going to do it. I get so overwhelmed, thinking about the huge task in front of me and I sincerely respect all of you. I've only been doing this three weeks and it's the hardest thing I've had to do so far in my life.

Hats off, ladies!

I know I mentioned it's one of the hardest roles, to be a single mom. I didn't mention all the fears that come along with it!

First things that come to mind when thinking about How I've Dont It...:

1) Stay confident and never give in to the weight on my shoulders. Not only do we have to be great for our children, we want to. And we can!

2) Network! What would I do without my networks? I have so much family, many friends, neighbors. I turn to them when needed. They are great. I help them out, they help me out. Could I do it without a network? Sure. But it's so nice to know that if I need anything, even a pep talk, I can call a number of people!

3) The ability to take things as they come. To take small steps, to continuously climb mountains. To determine what is important and follow your heart and mind on what is best for your child.

Aaawww BTR! I'm so proud of you! You are a wonderful mommy! And your child is very lucky to have you!

I also am a single mom, I have 3 boys 12,9 & 5 and have 2 other boys living with me now 6 & 2, the house is NEVER on slow down, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Although there never seems to be enough time to work, play, eat, homework, or relax somehow we get most of it accomplished. And still find time for board games, movie night but most importantly love and snuggles.

I feel fortunate that my children are not afraid or embarrassed to hug, kiss or tell me (or me tell them) I love you both at home and in public. Just yesterday my 5 year old popped up after dinner and said "You know what time it is? It's mommy snuggle time!!" And proceeded to jump into my lap and bury his face in my neck. It doesn't get any better than that