Virgin Poll...Who's still a virgin?

iwishiknew

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a virgin. I was actually thinking about that today. So many teenagers, even, aren't virgins. I wonder a lot about what I'm missing out on. I've wondered if sex would be a cure-all. I tend to be very anxious...I wonder if it would stabilize me a little. Thing about sex is that it carries a lot of weight when you do it...whether emotional or psychological etc. Thats why I've waited...that, and religious reasons. I'm waiting for marriage, but sometimes I fear that I'm going to be a cat-lady spinster because I won't compromise my religious beliefs and I haven't met many guys worth it for the long-haul. Its a genuine fear.

not a virgin.

caterina - just something I noticed, today you called the typical male an "ignoramus." I wonder if the men you meet in your everyday life can sense this attitude (even if you don't say it in public) and if this is affecting your chances with finding a good relationship. Think about it - would you date a man who said that the typical woman is a bimbo or stupid or an ignoramus? Probably not, you'd think he's a woman hater, and that wouldn't be a turn on.

I've found that the women who have the best luck with men generally respect men and have positive ideas about them as a whole. And the same goes for men. They think that most men and women are good people, unless proven otherwise.

i really believe that we create our own luck and reality, and if you are saying to yourself that most men are bad or "ignoramuses", then those are the men you will meet.

As an exercise, why not say to yourself everyday for the next month, "I am an awesome woman, and I will meet an equally awesome man." Say this to yourself (or any other phrase that suits you) and see if you don't meet someone wonderful in the next 30 days.

good luck

I lost my virginity in October of 2005 at the age of 17, I can't remember the exact date. It was a giant milestone in my life. Let's just say she was much more experienced than I was, and she taught me a few things. I later found out our relationship didn't mean anything to her, even though I was in love, and I wish I could have waited to lose it to someone who loved me back.

I thought the same thing, lol.

But they are right. Your first time is not great. In my case it wasn't even good.

see, i wouldn't be cranky... I could go without sex... I still have masturbation. Now, if i didn't have that... i would be very, very bitter.

And yeah, I agree. My first time was god awful... awkward, body parts all over the place... back of his parents' van.... middle of the night... aye...

really, hoss? wow. are you just waiting for marriage or just no desire?

Really.

I have a lot of desire. Especially since I became thirty--must be all the hormones or something. My desire goes through the roof at times. I haven't found anyone that I wanted to pop my proverbial cherry with yet. Chemistry is pretty rare for me. Thank goodness I know how to take care of myself

Not really waiting for marriage, either....

Are there alot of virgins on this board? From reading alot of posts it seems like alot of people here are not virgins or maybe not..Whos still a virgin? I am still a virgin as of today.

Iwishiknew,

I know your thread means well but when you see a SEX and romance section on a messageboard.We can assume most of the posters are sexually active nonvirgins and not sex for commitment virgins .

Iwishiknew,you're not going to see many virgins over 21 speaking a whole lot on enotalone "sex and romance section.Some virgins don't want to deal with other members making jokes about the virginity issue.

see, i wouldn't be cranky... I could go without sex... I still have masturbation. Now, if i didn't have that... i would be very, very bitter.

And yeah, I agree. My first time was god awful... awkward, body parts all over the place... back of his parents' van.... middle of the night... aye...

You are right... But I went for nine years without it... I am making up for lost time. (And no, if anyone is wondering I didn't lose my virginity at nine.)

I heard in class that 90% of people over the age of 22 have had intercourse.

I guess that would put me in the minority then. I am in no rush to lose it, because I actually value my chastity. Meaningless sex is just that - meaningless. I would rather die a lonely, sexless old geezer than as Wilt Chamberland. Sadly, I don't believe there is any middle ground for me. But that's okay.

Sex is something I'm losing interest in more and more all the time.

I heard in class that 90% of people over the age of 22 have had intercourse.

I guess that would put me in the minority then. I am in no rush to lose it, because I actually value my chastity. Meaningless sex is just that - meaningless. I would rather die a lonely, sexless old geezer than as Wilt Chamberland. Sadly, I don't believe there is any middle ground for me. But that's okay.

Sex is something I'm losing interest in more and more all the time.

Wilhelm,

I agree with your post and try to stick to your beliefs no matter what anybody say to you but we will never know if virgins over 21 are a small, small minority.Most virgins over 21 are scared to come out of the closet and deal militant nonvirgins jokes.

Wilhelm,

I agree with your post and try to stick to your beliefs no matter what anybody say to you but we will never know if virgins over 21 are a small, small minority.Most virgins over 21 are scared to come out of the closet.

I was only going by what my professor said. Since I'm paying thousands upon thousands of dollars for top-notch education, I trust it's reliable information.

I think it's possible people may lie about their sexual history since no one wants to be seen as a lonely, pathetic "virgin", right? It's very stigmatized. So that is possible. I thought the number was a bit high, but it could be true. You never know.

Archived