Is suicide a sin?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Living is not the good, but living well. The wise man thereforeeee lives as long as he should, not as long as he can.

Eternal law has never been more generous than in affording us so many exits from life to one entry.

This is the one reason why we cannot complain of life: it holds no one back."

~Seneca

• Like 1
Life is a precious gift. It's not our right to take it - its not our decision.

The Lord has a better way for sure.

So if somebody kills themself, they are acting against The Lord, but if someone is kidnapped, raped, tortered, maimed and killed, they are submitting to The Lord's "better way for sure"?!?!?!?

That makes absolute no sense.

I think that depends on the perameters in which you want the question answered if you are assuming a judeo-christian morality then the assumption is that suicide is a sin based on the commandment "Thou shall not kill" it seems logical to say that it applies to ones self as well as to others. Of course then there is a dilemma because if one was "saved" then later one commits suicide, it seems that it would still be a sin but it would have been forgiven.

It all depends on the belief system that you are talking about.

If you want to smoke, so be it.

If you want to be obese, so be it.

If you want to tattoo yourself, so be it.

If you want to kill yourself, so be it.

What one does to their own body, at least in my opinion, is well within their rights and jurisdiction.

If you want to kill someone else, well then...we have a problem.

Suicide is a sin only if you think it is. Suicide will only hurt you, or someone you know, in the long run if you or they think it will. It does not matter one bit what others, like me, tell you. Our responses are just perceptions, not reality.

Suicide is fortunately a choice just like all other actions in life. Suicide is a tendency of a self developed thought. I guarentee that the masses commit suicide as a result of inaccurate negative perceptions and understandings of themselves.

I wish I knew why you would ask such an irrational question about suicide. I hope you eliminate your concern as to whether suicide is a sin or not, thats the least of concerns. Suicide is a sin if only you think it is. Only you can make that decision. It is your decision to give your power to another.

If I were God, any act of suicide for irrational reason, would by far be the worst action any human could take to improve their future. Running away from reality deserves no respect, and I would hope my God sees the same. That is hope, not reality. Humans must always strive to better themselves, no matter the difficulties.

Clearly life is a frickin **** for many at times. I had considered taking my life years ago. It was short lived and probly the best wake up call I could have asked for.

As a result, gettin through those times is what makes it all the more worth it. I will have many times in my future yet I have no worries. I favor the challenge for the first time in my life. It feels weird but damn good. Gettin through those *** times are the keys to achieving. Life is perception and we all have perception. Thank God and myself for that one.

If you want to smoke, so be it.

If you want to be obese, so be it.

If you want to tattoo yourself, so be it.

If you want to kill yourself, so be it.

What one does to their own body, at least in my opinion, is well within their rights and jurisdiction.

If you want to kill someone else, well then...we have a problem.

Thats plain beautiful and absolutley correct. Smart Queen!

^ Do you think God takes mental illness into consideration when somone goes crazy and kills other people?

Yes, because "free will" is the basis of responsibility, which is the basis of sin. Without free will, there can be no sin.

At least that is what the Bible teaches. I'm not sure myself.

^ Do you think God takes mental illness into consideration when somone goes crazy and kills other people?

And this is precisely why no "God" exists.

When someone goes postal and decides to go on a killing spree, that decision has nothing to do with god.

If anything, such a display of chaos and sadness provides proof of the world that we live in, that being a world without justice, and, or a "god".

I'm banking on it!

Seriously, though, the question "Is suicide a sin?" presumes and implies the existence of the Judeo-Christian concept of sin and, by extension, the veracity of the Bible containing the prohibition of killing found in the Decalogue--the very cornerstone of both religions--thereby answering itself.