Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Friend Zone Quote

KileOriginal

Friend Zone Quote

This is a quote I came accross online today about guys stuck in the dreaded friend zone.

"A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

Discuss:

I find it to be very ammusingly accurate.

CarnelianButterfly
    Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    you have all the qualifications we are looking for
    Obviously if the guy is only a friend he doesn't.

I like lots of guys, I may friend zoned them, but its not my fault or their fault. Just liking someone isn't loving them or wanting to spend a long term relationship with them.

KileOriginal
    Well CarnelianButterfly, if he's a nice guy and she wants to hold onto him as a friend but not as more, what's the missing piece of the puzzle? He's lacking something.

CarnelianButterfly
    He's lacking the variable that makes him special. Every woman has something that she holds dear to her above all else. I know the man I adore is unique of all the men that I know like me.

KileOriginal
    I don't want to be rude, but in all honesty you probably just "think" they're special. Everyone is "special" as in unique from all other's in some way.

There is a quality or qualities that appeal to you that you may or may not be consciously aware of.

CarnelianButterfly
    My favorite quote: "You're unique, just like everybody else"

I know he's special.

The guys that think that they can wheedle into a relationship via being a friend are not special, they're deluded.

KileOriginal
    Isn't your line of thought their a little treacharous? I may be approaching this from the perspective of a guy here. It seems alot of guys dont' feel its right to try to get romantically involved with a girl until they've earned her trust as a friend. Not saying I believe this methodology, but its definitely out there.

CarnelianButterfly
    I think that I've read far too many posts by men complaining or showing how jilted they are of being friends and nothing more. They get stuck in a situation they don't like, but don't let the girl go and move on to a more fruitful relationship else where.

To follow your analogy, would you only apply at a job that continued to not hire you and told you they wouldn't ever hire you?

KileOriginal
    You have a point there.
    (though I have miraculously overcome the friendzone before.)

I think a part of the problem here is that guys are very challenge motivated, and when a guy is turned down, he only wants to work harder and overcome that challenge to be accepted. I know there were alot of girls I was only somewhat interested in until it seemed that they lost interest in me, then it totally hooked me and I was completely intrigued with them then.

CarnelianButterfly
    Do you want a conquest or a partner?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Million Dollar Question: Why it's so hard to find 1 person we want to commit to?
Someone who we connect with on a physical and emotional level? I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'm seriously baffled. There are
Girlfriend wants to go to the gym without me, I need advice
So me and this girl have been dating now for a few months. She all of a sudden has an interest in the gym which is fine because I love the gym. I've
What should I do?
Been with him for 2 years, we are both 21. He started working 2 months ago and has a stressful job. Texting has reduced drastically and now he goes a
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
What can I do to look younger?
I'm 23 years old, 230lbs and 6'3. People often seem to think that I'm 30 years old but it doesn't make sense to me. I don't have five o ' clock
How to recover from being insecure
Hi all. I'd really appreciate any input and suggestions you have. About six seeks ago I started dating a woman and we hit it off great. Lots in
Am I making an unreasonable request?
I've been seeing a girl for just a little over a month now. We are hitting it off very well, but there are a few things I'm a little bit concerned
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice