Why does tall guys like short women?

betrayedgirl

I'm sure this has been discussed before. I am just wondering why alot of tall guys likes or prefers short women. I am 4'10" and always attracted guys that are over 6'. One guy friend that is 6'2" told me he likes short women for "control" thing during lovemaking.

I would love to know more reasons. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 6'4" and I prefer women who are 5'7" to 5'10".

But I am dating a much shorter woman at the moment.

I have found that sex with shorter women isnt always as good as compared to sex with taller women. Sure, shorter women are easier to pick up and toss around, but I am always aware to be gentle so I dont hurt them.

I prefer tall men. I am 5'3" and my husband is close to 6'5".. I dont know why, its just what Im attracted to.

To flip the question around, why do you prefer tall men?[/QUOTE]

Well, I have always dated tall guys so I am used to them, I feel more protected by them. Also they are a great personal ladder for me! so they can reach things for me that I can't reach. (Altho I'm single now, I use a step to reach stuff) ... and I am just used to them. I haven't attracted short guys myself, but would date one if they approach me.

Opposites often attract. That's why there's that song, "Why do good girls like bad boys?" In my case, that would be reversed and yet equally true. Sometimes bad girls like me, but then again sometimes good girls too.

Why do I find light to medium brown women so attractive when I'm ridiculously white?

Why do most blondes end up with a person who has black or brown hair? When's the last time you saw two natural blondes dating? or even unnatural blondes? Ha ha. I like that. "Unnatural blondes". Sounds catchy.

Opposites often attract. It's nature's way of promoting genetic diversity, which is healthy.

In your specific example, it keeps the population closer to a medium height. If short people only married short people, and tall people only married tall people, the human race would soon be divided into shorties and giants. There are advantages to being closer to medium height. I think when a shorter person is attracted to a taller person and vice versa, it evens out their kids.

Then there's also the fact that if making out with a shorter woman, I can reach all the controls at once. i.e. - I can kiss her and reach and touch anything else I want, all at the same time. Once with a tall woman who was a tad taller than me, I found I could not kiss her and pat or squeeze her butt at that same time. I simply could not reach. That's like trying to drive a car while being able to only reach the steering wheel, or the gas pedal, but not both. I found it frustrating.

Then to, I find shorter women just look so cute and cuddly to me. Apparently I must look good to them to since it's typically shorter women I attract, but not always. Medium height women also look good to me, but maybe not quite as much. I tend to avoid taller women, but it's not a rule. I don't have any rules.

Hmm, all the girls I have been with have been shorter (but not neccessarily smaller) than me but I don't think that has anything to do with my preferences, just the way it turned out. I'm not really tall though I'm round 5 10 so I'm sort of average.

Maybe it worked out that way because of her preferences? That's how it goes with me.

My first thought is just about the odds. Women are on average shorther than men and thus it would especially be the case that, on average, tall men would be with shorter women.

I have dated women taller than I am and shorter than I am.

Either way it doesn't matter, but truly the additonal weight, if they aren't careful, can be a bit smothering in bed at certain times. But this is primarily about sensitivity to putting this weight on the partner, not about their additional mass. The bigger partner, of any sex, would need to be considerate of this.

My biggest thought is that men like shorter women because it makes them feel tall - a socially recognizable priority even in today's modern corporate and political bureaucracies.

Somebody has made the point that women prefer taller men - so that explains a lot. It has been my understanding that we are attracted to opposites to create genetic diversity - but that women are attracted to larger men to feel safer and more protected. And so long as this bias continues in modern corporate and political cultures, the women are completely correct in this assessment even today.

At some point the tall women are just gonna have to settle for the shorter guys. Short guys are gonna have to settle for taller women. And I am confident that after the initial attraction stage, and with true love, this stuff will pass for them.

Its about genetics and evolution... The height of the male was better to spot prey and possible predators back in the caveman days. The height of the male also showed the female that the male has good genetics that are also disease resistant. Thus, the taller males have more desirable genes to pass on to future offspring and thats why most girls have a preference for taller guys. Its been put into their "DNA" after years of evolution.

The things you learn in Biology classes...

"My biggest thought is that men like shorter women because it makes them feel tall - a socially recognizable priority even in today's modern corporate and political bureaucracies."

What does that even mean ???

"And so long as this bias continues in modern corporate and political cultures, the women are completely correct in this assessment even today."

as above

Small girls --> cute, easy to dominate, control, appear more submissive and childlike. You feel needed.

"My biggest thought is that men like shorter women because it makes them feel tall - a socially recognizable priority even in today's modern corporate and political bureaucracies."

What does that even mean ???

"And so long as this bias continues in modern corporate and political cultures, the women are completely correct in this assessment even today."

as above

What I am saying is that it has been show that even in modern bureaucracies where size and height shouldn't matter - as it would in a hunter or warrior society - that tall people are more likely to rise in th ebureaucracy than shorter people - all other qualifications being equal.

So even today an attraction to shorter women (making us feel tall) might be fueled by this still prevalent bias toward height.

Not all do, just as not all women prefer taller men.

I think as a rule, I believe it has do with the ideal that the women in question which are 'small' needs protection, she's delicate like.

I myself am small, 5'3", so I can understand this. I also have a conception that it has a child factor to it, like smaller represents 'innocence' and thereforeeee brings out the desire for the male in question to 'protect' her.

But, I can't honestly confirm that...just my opinion!

Archived