Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spotting, barely-there bleeding... this is not a typical period. Am I pregnant?

Listen, some tests are sensitive enough to give a positive result as soon as 2 days BEFORE your next menstrual period. Since you have now officially gone OVER the date of the start of your period, Im sure it will show positive if it is. If it gives you a negative result, and you are still unsure then take another test a week later... but just TAKE THE TEST ALREADY will you!!!

Well, took the test on Friday evening, which was Day 6 of my cycle. The spotting stopped on the 4th day, actually probably during the night of the 3rd day.

Anyhow, the test came out negative, though it was a negative bordering on the faint side. (The control window line was dark pink, and the negative sign was a lighter pink.)

My sister told me that when she had spotting when her period was supposed to start, that she waited until a few weeks later to get tested by the doctor. She told me it might be too early for me to test now.

So, it's negative but I wonder why I really didn't have a period.. it was nothing but a bit of spotting that lasted a few days. It never was a flow.. Maybe I did test too early?

Ok, so there was a faint line in the Test window? Read this from midstream early pregnancy website
    Positive : After the urine has been in the pregnancy test stick for five minutes, you can conclude that you are pregnant if a rose-pink color band appears in the "test" portion (T) of the window (this second color band will appear in addition to the first control color band). See the diagram below.
    Negative: You can conclude you are not pregnant if no rose-pink color band is seen in the large test window within 5 minutes. Note: Even if a faint rose-pink color band is visible in the test window at five minutes, the test is positive.
    I would definitely not think everything was negative. Give it a few more DAYS (not weeks) and test again. If you are pregnant your HCG count will rapidly increase, so you should get a difinative answer shortly, alternatively, go for bloodwork!

Sorry, I'm being confusing.

I had this sort of test which had two windows. One was the control window, which always forms a horizontal line to show that the test is working regardless of the positive or negative results, and that you didn't urinate too much or too little onto the test stick end.

The other window would determine whether you were pregnant or not. A horizontal line would indicate negative, and a plus sign would indicate it being positive. It had a slightly faint horizontal negative line.

So, the results were negative at this time, but you're right about the HCG count thing. My bf and I are waiting a bit to test again to see if my HCG has risen, or if I'm even pregnant at all.

I've been having MAJOR cramps (like someone's sticking a knife into my lower stomach & pubic region!) and headaches. Not sure if that indicates anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice