want to get a mole removed from my face, will it scar?

I`ve read that people have refused anaesthetics to prevent scarring (it numbs it so afterwards the blood cells don`t do their regular tissue healing as efficiently as usual). I guess it depends how much pain you`re willing to go through and how worried you are about possibly having a little scar.

I had two raised moles removed from my face just this summer (the hairs coming out were annoying, I hear you there!). I had a topical anesthetic applied, and then the moles were burned off. I barely felt it, even though they were on a fairly delicate patch of skin. You can still somewhat see the marks if you look closely, but they are flat, skin-colored, and barely noticeable. I could easily cover them up with makeup if I wanted to, but they don't even need that.

I have a small raised brown mole on the side of my jaw/chin and I went to see a dermotoligst and this is what he said: If it is a mole it probably has roots, any mole on the exterior usually erupts from the inside, and if a dermotoligist removes it they are required to take it "all" out, down to the core and biopsy it for cancer, even if it looks benign, so scarring is pretty much a given. My daughter has one over her spine and her MD made a huge deal about the roots possibly affecting her spinal nerves so she has to have MRI's every so many years to watch for complication, so as you see moles can be very pesky. A plastic surgeon may look at things differently if you want to go that route.