Thread: cuts/scrapes on my legs aren't healing correctly

cuts/scrapes on my legs aren't healing correctly

This has been bugging me for the last 3 months and I don't want to go to the doctors office for something stupid so I figured why not ask on the net for opinions. About 3 months ago, my legs were under attack from what I think was fleas. My dog just passed away so that backed up the flea idea. I never saw any fleas though. Anyways, my legs were torn up. I had 20-30 bites on each leg that I could count. The bumps began to start scabbing so I though that I might be scratching hard when I slept so I bought some cloth bandages and wrapped my legs every night. The scabs went away with the exception of a few and all left dark marks. What bothers me is the ones that didn't heal and are still a scab. Not only are they not healed but the dark mark is around it also. Also, I recently cut my leg on the bed frame and that won't go away either. To make matters worse, the hair around that cut has gotten thin or fallen off. It's only my legs that won't heal. My hands and arms get cut a lot at work and they all heal within a few days without and marks or scars. My legs have never healed this slow before until the bites or whatever happened. So, what does everyone think about this?

Forgot to mention that I don't have or ever had any health problems besides being overweight.

Last edited by error404; 12-29-2006 at 08:11 PM.

SoCal., USA
    I'm no doctor but it seems your immune system is low. I really suggest you visit a doctor and start taking something to boost it. Maybe take some vit-C and eat very healthy stuff until it goes away.

Honey Pumpkin
    I would go and see a doctor to get it checked out.

Bites always take forever to heal on me too, and marks. Vitamin E works - either buy the fancy bottle, or pierce a Vit E capsule and rub that in. Vitamin C too. Exfoliate and moisturise. But it could be poor circulation too if you're overweight - seriously, get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

I would not feel bad about going to a doctor. I had poision ivy last Summer and had sores on my legs that didn't heal after three weeks. I went to the hospital and they gave me a shot of a mild steriod. I was better in a few days.

In the Southeastern U.S.
    I agree that you should probably just go ahead and see your doctor about it. You probably just need a boost in your immune system to help your body heal more quickly. I 'd get it checked out for sure just to be on the safe side. Any concern that you have about your health or body , isn't at all stupid or silly.

Here, Here with the poison ivy! I never got it or had it until this summer. Ohhh, dreadful stuff. Go to your primary physician. Better to find out and get on with the healing than to keep scratching yourself and wondering why? For poison ivy I found this stuff called Zanfel really helped with mitigating the itching. It's a bit expensive -approx 14.00 a tube, but what a has an abrasive that you rub in... orgasmic to a point Good luck!

I meant stupid in the sense of it could just be my healing process taking it's time. I'll go get it checked out sometime in January then

Top Threads
Is anybody else on here an empath or have empathic abilities?
I had been tested some time ago, via a psychic workshop, and discovered I am an empath. I originally went because I was having weird stuff happen
female... stuff
I've been bleeding 'down there' on and off for a month now. At first I thought it was an early miscarriage as I was showing possible symptoms, but my
Strange feeling..please help
I dont know why but the passed couple of days I've been feeling "off". I just sit and do practically nothing. I dont even feel like messing around on
Can't handle stress
I've been so stressed out lately. I use an analogy, that my stress level is like a cup and once it's overfilled is when I have a breakdown. Typically
Ramblings of a dead man
I have no idea where to put this. I havent told anyone but I just need to let it out. Ive been a long time viewer of this forum (I lost my old login

online counseling
Featured Threads
Need feedback, criticism from the men here *long*
I want to vent cuz this is bugging the hell out of me me even though I should be happy to move on. I want the perspective of men here because I feel
Should I be concernd about my ex's guy being around my son?
I was married to the girl of my dreams for 16 years until she met a guy in a cooking chatroom. The question I have is can I trust this guy with our
Struggling to figure out if she likes me or not?
I really fancy her and I still struggle with all the attraction sign things. I chose to sit at the table that I knew she'd be, because her friend
So having dinner with my ex tonight.
Recap: We dated nearly two years. I dumped him by email -- which was crappy of me, but I don't do conflict well. He was never able to say he loved
2 dates but now a new girl on the scene.
Been a while since I posted here, had a break from dating really, off all OLD and just thought I'd let fate do its thing. about a month ago I got
What are the chances that she could have gotten pregnant?
I met up with an ex from 5 years ago and in the heat of the moment we had unprotected sex. Now here are the facts: - She is 27, I'm 29. - She
Marrying someone with different level of religion understanding
Say, you're an orthodox religious man and your potential spouse has the same religion as you but with much lower level of practice and knowledge