Ask For Advice

Thread: cuts/scrapes on my legs aren't healing correctly

cuts/scrapes on my legs aren't healing correctly

This has been bugging me for the last 3 months and I don't want to go to the doctors office for something stupid so I figured why not ask on the net for opinions. About 3 months ago, my legs were under attack from what I think was fleas. My dog just passed away so that backed up the flea idea. I never saw any fleas though. Anyways, my legs were torn up. I had 20-30 bites on each leg that I could count. The bumps began to start scabbing so I though that I might be scratching hard when I slept so I bought some cloth bandages and wrapped my legs every night. The scabs went away with the exception of a few and all left dark marks. What bothers me is the ones that didn't heal and are still a scab. Not only are they not healed but the dark mark is around it also. Also, I recently cut my leg on the bed frame and that won't go away either. To make matters worse, the hair around that cut has gotten thin or fallen off. It's only my legs that won't heal. My hands and arms get cut a lot at work and they all heal within a few days without and marks or scars. My legs have never healed this slow before until the bites or whatever happened. So, what does everyone think about this?

Forgot to mention that I don't have or ever had any health problems besides being overweight.
    Last edited by error404; 12-29-2006 at 07:11 PM.

SoCal., USA
    I'm no doctor but it seems your immune system is low. I really suggest you visit a doctor and start taking something to boost it. Maybe take some vit-C and eat very healthy stuff until it goes away.

Honey Pumpkin
    I would go and see a doctor to get it checked out.

Bites always take forever to heal on me too, and marks. Vitamin E works - either buy the fancy bottle, or pierce a Vit E capsule and rub that in. Vitamin C too. Exfoliate and moisturise. But it could be poor circulation too if you're overweight - seriously, get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

I would not feel bad about going to a doctor. I had poision ivy last Summer and had sores on my legs that didn't heal after three weeks. I went to the hospital and they gave me a shot of a mild steriod. I was better in a few days.

In the Southeastern U.S.
    I agree that you should probably just go ahead and see your doctor about it. You probably just need a boost in your immune system to help your body heal more quickly. I 'd get it checked out for sure just to be on the safe side. Any concern that you have about your health or body , isn't at all stupid or silly.

Here, Here with the poison ivy! I never got it or had it until this summer. Ohhh, dreadful stuff. Go to your primary physician. Better to find out and get on with the healing than to keep scratching yourself and wondering why? For poison ivy I found this stuff called Zanfel really helped with mitigating the itching. It's a bit expensive -approx 14.00 a tube, but what a has an abrasive that you rub in... orgasmic to a point Good luck!

I meant stupid in the sense of it could just be my healing process taking it's time. I'll go get it checked out sometime in January then

Top Threads
surgery.....someone to talk to
I kinda need someone to talk to right now..... As some of you know i am getting brain surgery for my trigeminal neuralgia, caused by my
Medication before confirmed diagnosis?
Do/should doctors give medication for an STD before test results come back positive? I know sometimes just looking at something makes a doctor think
Something to Bring to the Table
Specifically, the medical examiner’s table. As a disclaimer, I would like to state I know this is not a valid avenue to acquire medical advice. The
How to gain confidence?
I'm 18 and throughout my life I've never really had confidence. I've got two siblings and they've always pushed me aside in my family and one is very
Birth Control Craziness
Have any of you ladies experienced an extreme mood shift when you quit birth control? I only took it for three months and didn't notice a huge

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is there any hope for my relationship?
Hello, I hope somebody can offer some advice please. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 and half years and he's never told me that he loves me. I
is it normal for women to ask married men to buy them underwear?
Hey, new to this and kinda don't know how it works but here goes.... I'm married my husband works offshore, which means he spends a fortnight at
Love spells to bring back an ex?
My relationship with my ex was perfect. I fell in love for the first time in my life and I loved him with everything I had. We went through harsh
This is probably going to sound stupid but I don't know what to do
Hi everyone, I'm new on here so I apologise if I miss anything or get something wrong. I was told this was a friendly but honest place to ask advice
Found my girlfriend reaching out to another guy after an argument
Not one to post here, but need an outsiders perspective please. Had a drunk argument with my girlfriend late Friday night. I left her apartment to
It happened!! Ex wants to get back together
Hello ENA people, I've been in NC for months. So my ex calls me out of the blue because he wants to get back together. He heard from a friend
She called my brain 'unique' and its working 'laughable'- call off?
So we've been dating for seven months. We're 21 and 20, and in love. We haven't ever had anything to fight about really, we were just having this
Ask For Advice