jadence

i don't want my mate to have other mates, but i don't tell him that. i just keep it to myself. and everytime he talks about these other people, i just appear cool and act like everything's fine as. but deep inside, i fear that my mate would leave one day. i mean, ive had heaps of mates before. i always try to be good, help them in every way i can, say with homeworks and other school stuff, i try to learn what their interests/hobbies are, but all of them just left, we lost contact. i tried emailing them, but they didnt respond. i felt betrayed.

just last year, i found a new mate. so i did the same thing. i tried to help this mate with school stuff. i never had interest in rugby, but i tried learning it because he was keen on that. i tried to be there if he needed my help with other things (like when he and his gf fought). but then when the holidays came, i never heard from him again. i tried to call him, but he doesnt answer.

i treasure all me mates. i don't feel like i deserve to be treated like how my former mates treated me because i know i tried to be solid for them. i don't know if i'm being naive or what. all i know is that it sucked big time.

now i have a new mate, again. i just feel worried that this person will leave just like what others did. i don't want to be possessive, but at the same time, i don't want people to treat me like rubbish.

what do i do now? how do i act towards my mate?

dont appear too eager to be their friend

make them meet u half way

real friends stick through thick and thin and even have timeout

so if those other mates dogged u out then they werent real mates

join a christian community or something or volunteer group

the type of person u are ull do good there

cheers

If YOU had lots of mates, would you expect him to be jealous of you or happy that you were doing so well in life. Would you see a problem if it were you? Or would you consider yourself to be lucky that you had so many friends, including him?

Try and make lots of friends in your life, the more the better. You can't have enough friends,so when one is busy, you always have others to fall back on. That's what friends are for.