Phone Convos

Hey just wondering does anyone else out there have trouble with phone conversations every night. I talk to my girl every night for anywhere to a half hour to an hour but we see each other everyday in work... Just wondering if this is okay, shes okay with it and so am I and when we're together face to face we're constantly talking I just have trouble with the convos over the phone.

I think its cool if you guess are on a level where you can connect like that more power to you 2, but be conscious of the fact that there might come a day when you guys really dont have much to say to eachother, not saying it will happen but like my ex and I ...it did happen and it was bc we were constantly together and conversing...made the rest of our relationship that much harder bc i hated talking on the phone with her being in silence, using the "talk to me" line all the time.....

I think a perfect world would hold a balance between phone convos and real world convos, if you can manage that you should be golden...but try not to over do it, or believe me you will run out of things to talk about ....Good Luck...

I think its cool if you guess are on a level where you can connect like that more power to you 2, but be conscious of the fact that there might be a day when you guys really dont have much to say to eachother, not saying it will happen but like my ex and I ...it did happen and it was bc we were constantly together and conversing...

Is that why you guys broke up?

Whats the deal?

In my opinion I think thats too long on the phone.. I can't stand to be on the phone with my girlfriend..

I might do 10 minutes if she's lucky. Once the talking stop, I'm off the phone..

But down to your question.. If she talks for an hour and is okay, and you can talk for an hour and it's okay.. Whats the problem?

And if you don't like the silent parts, and the sighs and the heavy breathing.. Then get off the phone?

I hate phones. I just find them annoying interruptions. I've been in a couple relationships where if I chose NOT to answer ... when I finally get back in contact with my girlfriend I get grilled as to "why didn't you answer?" and "where were you?" and/or "who were you with?" ... so despite my dislike for phones I've always answered them.

I dunno' why it can be so important for people to call and then have nothing to talk about. To me phones are for communicating a message and hanging up. I don't send people emails that are mostly sighs and silence ... so why do I get phonecalls like that?

If you're both ok with talking on the phone as you do then I don't see the problem though. If you're happy with something then why change it?

My boyfriend and I live together but we will call each other once or twice if one of us is at work and the other is at home. Usually just to say hello and see how the day is going but we willl also chat for 30 minutes or so if he is working nights and I'm at home.

How come you feel the need to talk for a set amount of time every night? Phoning to say hello etc. is nice but why do you need to be talking to her for an hour? That seems silly, you are with her everyday. Talk about stuff until you aren't comfortable talking anymore and hang up. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I have known some weird couples who sit on the phone and watch T.V. or something and just make random grunts to each other, very strange! soooo, whatever floats yer boat I guess.

My boyfriend and I talk mostly everyday to check in and see how the other is doing...pretty much the just calling to say "I love you" type of deal. We tend to have longer internet conversations because there can be pauses and stuff...probably on average our phone convos are 5-15 mins a day and intenet ranges from 10-45 minutes. When we see each other there is constant talking.

I am confused at whether or not you think your convos are too often, too long, or not long enough? What is your complaint/question? You are unclear as to what you are asking for.

• 2 weeks later...

My BF and I are on the phone at least once a day, but we don't actually talk that much, there's a lot of petty talk just to fill in the silence. We are on LDR so communication should be key...but we just don't seem to 'click' verbally. We do chat daily at a moderate pace, but it is not always that exciting. I guess since we are always connected to each other it is not unusual that we run out of things to talk about...

When we do see each other in person though we are very intimate and are comfortable with each other's touch, but that verbal 'click' is missing. We've known each other for a long time and have dated for a while. It seems like the dating makes us more...quiet or timid, I don't know.

What can I do about this?

Being a girl I always have all kinds of emotions and thoughts in my head, but I am pretty reserved about expressing them, and usually they're just dumb thoughts so I disregard them after a while. It would just create drama anyway.

I don't know...it just feels like it is so much easier talking to my friends than it is talking to someone I love. Hm...

I think it's great that you talk on the phone still. Just don't be too shocked or surprised if one day you or she decide to cut back on it, because one of you may decide that you need some more breathing space. Your phone conversations are probably more intimate than what you can say to each other at work, so maybe your girl enjoys it much more.

Hey just wondering does anyone else out there have trouble with phone conversations every night. I talk to my girl every night for anywhere to a half hour to an hour but we see each other everyday in work... Just wondering if this is okay, shes okay with it and so am I and when we're together face to face we're constantly talking I just have trouble with the convos over the phone.

I really think its all down to the individual.

My boyfriend and myself have been together 1 year 3 months. We spend 2-3 days/nights a week together, and usually talk about 1 hour a night on the phone. And text. But I think we are addicted.

We don't run out of things to talk about. Just spent 3 hours talking, lying on his bed. Nothing else.

I envy you.

I just called him and told him about an exciting night I had. And his replies were just "mmm", "uhuh", "oh"...

I think he does listen but he's not engaging in the conversation at all. I try to be very attentive and engaging when he talks to me about his stuff.