Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone Convos

i use to ring my gf every night but i ran out with what to talk about. i wouldnt suggest it, just explain and she will understand or say shes boring.. actually dont do that lol

My BF and I are on the phone at least once a day, but we don't actually talk that much, there's a lot of petty talk just to fill in the silence. We are on LDR so communication should be key...but we just don't seem to 'click' verbally. We do chat daily at a moderate pace, but it is not always that exciting. I guess since we are always connected to each other it is not unusual that we run out of things to talk about...

When we do see each other in person though we are very intimate and are comfortable with each other's touch, but that verbal 'click' is missing. We've known each other for a long time and have dated for a while. It seems like the dating makes us more...quiet or timid, I don't know.

What can I do about this?

Being a girl I always have all kinds of emotions and thoughts in my head, but I am pretty reserved about expressing them, and usually they're just dumb thoughts so I disregard them after a while. It would just create drama anyway.

I don't know...it just feels like it is so much easier talking to my friends than it is talking to someone I love. Hm...

I think it's great that you talk on the phone still. Just don't be too shocked or surprised if one day you or she decide to cut back on it, because one of you may decide that you need some more breathing space. Your phone conversations are probably more intimate than what you can say to each other at work, so maybe your girl enjoys it much more.

Originally Posted by 05evo
    Hey just wondering does anyone else out there have trouble with phone conversations every night. I talk to my girl every night for anywhere to a half hour to an hour but we see each other everyday in work... Just wondering if this is okay, shes okay with it and so am I and when we're together face to face we're constantly talking I just have trouble with the convos over the phone.

Platinum Member AntiLove_SuperStar's Avatar
    I really think its all down to the individual.

My boyfriend and myself have been together 1 year 3 months. We spend 2-3 days/nights a week together, and usually talk about 1 hour a night on the phone. And text. But I think we are addicted.
    We don't run out of things to talk about. Just spent 3 hours talking, lying on his bed. Nothing else.

I envy you.

I just called him and told him about an exciting night I had. And his replies were just "mmm", "uhuh", "oh"...

I think he does listen but he's not engaging in the conversation at all. I try to be very attentive and engaging when he talks to me about his stuff.

Platinum Member AntiLove_SuperStar's Avatar
    I'm not sure...I mean, when you're really into someone, you care a bit more than "mmm" and "uhuh"...why are you with someone who doesn't seem to want to even have a decent conversation?

I sense an imbalance . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice