cutting again but worse

ok,I'm cutting again but its worse. I started cutting again about 3 weeks ago right after i found out my uncle die, but it worse the it was before.This time I'm cutting more. i have tryed everything i can think of to stop but the rubber bands think i found away to break the skin with it. the shower i burn myself. those are the only ones i can remember i need help i want and need to stop cutting its gotten so bad that I'm pretty much cutting every hr on the hr if not more. i don't want to end up dead or anything i still have to be around for my Lil sister and my nephew to grew up. If u can help me please do, I'm need to stop cutting i have already been in the hp for cutting, i have almost had to have stitches not yet but almost. so if u can help me that would be great.](*,)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, there. I'm new here. When I was a teenager, from age 13 up to 19 or 20, I had big problems with cutting and related emotional problems. What I found is that there is no one anyone can make you stop - you have to stop yourself. You have to realise, within yourself, that the things you care about and are worried about losing (little sister, nephew) are more important than the temporary relief you get when you hurt yourself. It took me realising I would lose my boyfriend if I didn't stop to make me put it away forever.

You also need to develop some other coping skills. It's good you're trying rubber bands and shower - have you tried ice? It would be pretty hard to actually damage yourself with ice, and yet it hurts a lot. Just get an ice cube and squeeze it or rub it on the skin where you want to hurt yourself.

I do believe that you need to get talking to someone professional - my counsellor, although she couldn't get me to stop, was very helpful and speaking to her enabled me to cut down and see things more clearly. Your school should be able to hook you up with someone - just go to your school counsellor and say you're having emotional difficulties and want to speak to someone without getting your parents involved. That should get you on the right track.

*big hugs* Good luck, girl. You're right, you do need to stop. You need to stop so that you can get on and lead a wonderful, balanced, healthy life. There will come a day when you realise, very clearly, that you don't need cutting in your life anymore.

That does make it harder. In that case, I think you need to talk to your parents. You don't have to go into detail at all, but just tell them that you've been feeling really sad/upset and you want to try to see another counsellor (presumably they knew about the one you were seeing before?). Also, I know something that helped me was finding a local youth group to be part of - mine was through a non-Christian church. Just having other people who love and support you can be a big help, and youth groups can give you just that.

im homeschooled so i cant really go to my school for help.