Average number of partners at different age brackets?

herewegoagain

A coworker and I were having a discussion yesterday and were wondering what is the average number of sexual partners for men and woman at different ages? For example - how many partners by age 20, age 25, age 30, age 35, age 40 and so on?. Lets assume for people who are single, never married. Just curious as what you all think these nembers would be. Thanks.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will vary drastically depending on lifestyles. For example, if someone went away to a big university and partied a lot, I think their number will be significantly higher than those who weren't into partying. I know that holds true for me and my friends...

Obviously it depends on if there are long-term relationships factored in there...but since we're going with single, I'm going to say that if a person started being active when they were...oh, let's say 18 for an average, and then slept with 3-4 people a year from that point on, it would be about:

20--10-12

25--25-30

30--40-50

And so on.

I lived in a house of 8 girls at university and we one day (students will do anything to avoid their work you know!) added our numbers together to see what the average was....we were all aged 21 or 22 at the time

Bearing in mind an enormous difference between us - the lowest at 2 and the highest being 50 +, we reached an average of (rounded up) 13 so i reckon your estimates so far are probably about right.

I've had 6 at 20 and I don't intend to double that number in the next 10 years. I'd like to settle down with someone when I'm 28 or so. It's still always possible.

I also don't tend to have one night stands. I feel they are one night only for a reason. I don't necessarily have relationships with all these people, but the f-buddy has been fairly common for me.

2 at 21.. how the hell can someone have been with 10 at 20? I guess I am weirded out because of my low number.. But I would just have guessed that most people would be like me and perfer the be with the one special person.. Well maybe not most men but most women.

I have been with 2 because I was with my first girl for about 2 years and I have been with my current girl for a little over 2 years now..

I read on the Durex website that the average person in the united states has had 13 or so partners. Obviously there would be many who have had more and many who have had less, but between the ages of 18 and 60 (I think it was), that was the average.

It varies greatly from country to country. I encourage everyone to look at the website as it tells you averages of all types of sex practices ie. age of loss of virginity, number of sex acts per week etc.

link removed

20-25 - 1

25-30- 2 additional

30-35- 1 additional

35-40 - 1 additional.

(under 24= 0).

Had I accepted all real opportunities presented by people I dated my numbers probably would have been closer to 35 total and those were where it was made clear to me that they wanted to have s_x with me. I also was in several long term relationships over the last 25 years and I never had s_x outside of those relationships. I had a a few serious long term relationships before age 24 as well.

Most of my friends - male and female - have had many more partners than I have.

2 at 21.. how the hell can someone have been with 10 at 20? I guess I am weirded out because of my low number.. But I would just have guessed that most people would be like me and perfer the be with the one special person.. Well maybe not most men but most women.

I have been with 2 because I was with my first girl for about 2 years and I have been with my current girl for a little over 2 years now..

I was with way more than 10 when I turned 20

and Im far beyond that now... but I went on a bit of a spree after my financee and I broke up

3 at 23. We took anonymous surveys in my human sexuality course in college, and some of the 19-20 year old girls in the class had slept with upwards of fifty people. It freaks me out. I don't understand how anyone can have sex with that many people.

3 at 23. We took anonymous surveys in my human sexuality course in college, and some of the 19-20 year old girls in the class had slept with upwards of fifty people. It freaks me out. I don't understand how anyone can have sex with that many people.

Can someone here explain to me how something like this happens? is it just mostly one night stands or is it a LOT of breakups?

Can someone here explain to me how something like this happens? is it just mostly one night stands or is it a LOT of breakups?

Yeah seriously, I don't get it either. That would be like sleeping with everyone who has flirted with me, or propositioned me.

Sounds like walking STD's.

Archived