How do you know your allergic to condoms?

rthiaugpuf

ok, well I've had sex at least 20 times now,

condom used everytime,

same brand everytime,

same man everytime,

infact hes the only guy I have ever had sex with,

he has no stds, he just got tested, and he has only had sex with one other person which was years ago.

now that thats out of the way...

after about 5-10 mins into sex, it starts to hurt. not everytime, just sometimes, its weird. I assume this is because of the condom.

after sex when I pee, sometimes I feel a slight burning if the pee drips near my outer vagina.

its almost as if theres a cut or something, but we have looked and seen nothing odd. no redness, no nothing.

after sex, after I pee and I'm wiping myself, im still extremely wet, and have to wipe my self alot, and it itches as I wipe myself, causing myself to wipe extra hard, and extra alot, till im bone dry, then I can feel a slight little fold where it itches, yet in the mirror I see nothing.

Now me and my man are confused about this, Iv'e determined it definitely is sex related, seeing I only have this slight irritation after sex. Its rather uncomfortable, but does go away after several days, but lately we have been having sex alot and it hasnt had a chance to go away, but I know once we start back up again, it will lead to irritation all over again.

Now, I don't know if all women have a slight irritation after sex, or if its the condom's fault, but its not everytime, we have had wonderful sex without any irritation afterwords, but well, i dont know, any thoughts on this would be helpful.

I am absolutely positive we both have no stds. Perhaps I'm allergic to latex? or maybe just semi-allergic??? How do you know for sure if you are? Do you ever experience itchy-ness after sex with mild irritation? oh and, theres no bleeding either, so im puzzled why its burning when pee hit near my vagina, and it almost feel like its inflamed or something.

but again, this is only sometimes but lately its most of the time.

I am allergic to alot of different things, outdoor plants, lots of animals, some foods, so it wouldnt surprise me of it was an allergy, but I dont know, it seems like its not bad enough of an irritation to be an allergy, cause I can easily live with it honestly.

and as for the excessive dryness...not the problem at all, half the time, im so wet during foreplay im getting dabbles of wetness on the sheets. although, I might be getting dry durring the actual act, which is whats causing the occasional pain.

Sorry- this one's a bit detailed

It depends on how long you are having sex for too. I know that even when I'm wet, it can sometimes cause a bit of burning after sex when I pee.

You rub something hard enough and for long enough it's probably going to cause a bit of friction! Also if he is putting his fingers into you, I have found that this can cause a bit of pain afterwards because fingers are rougher than a penis but in the heat of the moment you may not realise it's causing a little pain.

Hope that helps

x

I don't know rthia.. I know I hate condoms myself for that very reason. I do think I'm allergic to latex.. There's no lubrication to them.. and the lubricants from your bf's penis would make things easier. But since that's all covered up.. you are bound to be irritated. I find the same thing too.

You can try a lubricant and there's even lubricated condoms. I would NOT suggest using the non-lubricated ones. I tried them myself a week ago and they aren't very pleasant for the woman, especially if you might have latex allergic problems. Have you tried the Lamb Skin's Condoms. Since neither of you are having sex outside the relationship, it seems like a good choice for you.

They aren't that great for stopping STDs I've heard, but that isn't an issue for you guys apparently.. so they might be a good choice.

Let me know if you try them and if you like them. I've been thinking bout using them myself from time to time.

Condoms are latex protein that can cause allergic reactions in some people, symptoms...

• Itchy, red, watery eyes
  • Sneezing or runny nose
  • Coughing
  • Rash or hives
  • Chest tightness and shortness of breath
  • Shock

You find latex in balloons, gloves, condoms, rubber bands, baby bottles and nipples, adhesive tapes and many other products. Contact with these things will cause the above symptoms in varying degrees.

There are non-latex condoms available if this is a latex allergy, but you might consider other things as well.

Condoms are lubricated and have spermicide. The spermicide is a chemical addictive that kills sperm, so it not being a natural part of the body can cause irritation. You may feel burning, stinging, warmth, itching, or other irritation during or after use. It can be avoided by using condoms without spermicide, just read the package. Sensitivity to the chemicals in the lubes may give similar results.

Find out what type of condom was used, the additives and such and the try other condom types. I would suggest getting a plain latex and then a hypo-allergenic lubes such as Pjur or Pink (you might have to get these online). I would avoid spermicides the most though since its an anti-biological and chemicals that are suspected to cause issues with the integrity of the vagina walls.

The ones me & my lover tried were non-lubricated. They were awful. I wouldn't recommend those.. I thought that the spermicide was INSIDE the condoms though, not coating them on the outside!

How would that come in contact with the vagina then, if the spermicide is lying inside the condom?

The ones me & my lover tried were non-lubricated. They were awful. I wouldn't recommend those.. I thought that the spermicide was INSIDE the condoms though, not coating them on the outside!

How would that come in contact with the vagina then, if the spermicide is lying inside the condom?

The spermicide is in the lube on the all of the condom. Repeated exposure to the chemicals are not good and can lead to increase risk of some STIs.

Try a different material, like polyurethane. They make condoms that aren't latex.

Or if you want to do the experiments yourself, get a box of latex examination gloves and some boxes of gloves made from different materials and stuff them in your vagina (one at a time, of course).

Let us know how it works out.

• 1 year later...

I found out I was allergic to latex because it BURNS when I'm having sex with a latex condom on my man. I get really swollen and red and it hurts and burns and it stays that way for several hours. At that time it was a suspicion, until I became a nurse and discovered that I get hives everytime I use latex gloves. Suspicion confirmed. Try wearing latex gloves when you do the dishes or something around the house. If you have just a mild allergy they won't bother you until you've been wearing them for a while. If they don't bother you at all, it may be that your vagina is just more sensitive and you could try non-latex condoms. If sex still bothers you, then it isn't the latex, but something else.

• 2 years later...

The wife and I went on a cruise last week,she's off the pill going thru menepause,I used condems for sex but it takes me a long time to climax,the marks on the head of my penis looks like rub burns,doesn't really hurt,looks odd,just very red spots around and under the head, none on the shaft. First time this has ever happened ??

• 3 months later...

ii had sex yesterdayy with my ex boyfriend before he has his first son and we used magnums and we had wonderful sexual intercourses with trojans and all we actually tried out al the brands of condoms and i noticed that evey time we have sexual intercourses my walk changes and when i go to urinate it burn slightly like i have a cut and my eyes water!!1 what shoudd i do

Lifestyles makes a condom called Skyn, which are made for people with allergic reactions to normal condoms. I've used them for normal masturbation, makes clean up easier and it really does feel like you're wearing nothing. Also, it is more durable then latex condoms as well.

I found out I was allergic to latex because it BURNS when I'm having sex with a latex condom on my man. I get really swollen and red and it hurts and burns and it stays that way for several hours. At that time it was a suspicion, until I became a nurse and discovered that I get hives everytime I use latex gloves. Suspicion confirmed. Try wearing latex gloves when you do the dishes or something around the house. If you have just a mild allergy they won't bother you until you've been wearing them for a while. If they don't bother you at all, it may be that your vagina is just more sensitive and you could try non-latex condoms. If sex still bothers you, then it isn't the latex, but something else.

I am allergic to latex as well and this is what happens to me.

If you are using latex free condoms and still experiencing discomfort I would rule out allergy as a cause. Maybe you have a UTI (urinary tract infection) or a yeast infection.

• 2 weeks later...

I work in the fast food industry, and when i began about 6 months and 2 weeks ago, i didnt have a reaction to the gloves, but here i am about 6 months later and now i have a reaction to not only the gloves but also to the condoms. As they say your body does change but i do not see how it can change that fast, also the reaction to my down yonder place has happened within a few months and i understand the burning and itchy sensation. except i bleed a little when the irritation begins.....

so before, i thought i was allergic to latex condoms. so my boyfriend and i tried polyurethane. but - it turns eventually too. i think it's because of the dryness issue. i don't get that dry without a condom, but i do with.. so... it could just be a dryness issue for you. buy the polyurethane and see how it is. polyurethane is better with the dryness thing though. for a normal session, it's great. for an extended session, not so much (for me).

I work in the fast food industry, and when i began about 6 months and 2 weeks ago, i didnt have a reaction to the gloves, but here i am about 6 months later and now i have a reaction to not only the gloves but also to the condoms. As they say your body does change but i do not see how it can change that fast, also the reaction to my down yonder place has happened within a few months and i understand the burning and itchy sensation. except i bleed a little when the irritation begins.....

yea, somethings cause allergies after you get exposed to it too much/too often. latex is one of them. it's weird, i'm not a bio major so i don't know the explaination lol but it's a real phenomenon.

• 11 months later...

This is highly unlikely to be true. Yes, he may be allergic to latex, but there are other materials out there. More likely is that he just hates the things - I know I sure do.

If you're uncertain about the alternatives, the simple solution is to walk in to Planned Parenthood and ask. They'll lay out the alternatives. Condoms are actually one of the least effective methods of birth control, but people think they're more effective than the pill because you can see a condom and you can't see hormones.

• 10 months later...

Okay I'm honestly worried.I think I'm allergic to latex.but this time it.was different.we had sex a couple days ago and it started to burn when I peed.I've been having sex with the same guy for a year now.and I started having a little bit of a.dry irritation and clumpy distarge.what do I do

Archived