LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Children of Cheating Parents

My names Keldan and im 15.
    My parents spilt up about 6 months ago and my dad is already marrried.

1. Which parent cheated?Father

2. What happened to your parents' marriage?went down the drain

3. What were your feelings on what was happening?absolutly heartbroken and very very confused about everything.

4. Did you ever know about the affair before it was known to your parent who was not cheating? What did you do?No. My mum was the one who told me about it.

5. Did you forgive your cheating parent or not?Im still in the process of forgiving.Its very hard.

6. Have/would you ever had an affair?NO!

my parent cheated

1. Which parent cheated?
    my mother
    2. What happened to your parents' marriage?
    nothing yet, my father doesn't know.
    3. What were your feelings on what was happening?
    I'm absolutely devastated.
    4. Did you ever know about the affair before it was known to your parent who was not cheating? What did you do?
    yeah. my dad doesn't have a clue to my knowledge. i haven't said anything to either of them yet. i dont know what to do!
    5. Did you forgive your cheating parent or not?
    its too early to tell.
    6. Have/would you ever had an affair?
    i'm only 17.

child dealing with a deep dark secret! some advice would be nice!

1. Which parent cheated? My mom

2. What happened to your parents' marriage? They are still together because my dad has no clue to what she is doing.

3. What were your feelings on what was happening? I hate it! i wish she would stop. I hate her now. i dont understand * * * her problem is, i mean she has 3 kids for god sakes!

4. Did you ever know about the affair before it was known to your parent who was not cheating? What did you do? Yeah im the one who noticed her acting suspicious and found out about it! It was my second week of band camp and that night i found out i called my grandma and then i let her know that i knew what she was doing.

5. Did you forgive your cheating parent or not? Im trying so hard to forgive, and its hard to forgive when you cant forget about it! the things i read and saw leaves permanent scars, and wounds that i fear will never heal. She is also still doing it even though i have confronted her about it multiple times!

6. Have/would you ever had an affair? I will never do this! The affect its had on me! no i will never cheat!

I am only 16 years old and i am trying to figure out if i should tell my dad that my mom is cheating on him! On top of that i'm trying to get through school and think about college! i am being ripped apart and i'm sick of it, but i don't want my parents to get a divorce. i have 2 younger siblings too, and that makes it even worse. and i feel that i need to keep this from my dad because of the pain he has already been through in the last few years. I am pretty much a brick wall that is protecting him, and i'm being broken down to much and i need a way out. I can't enjoy being a teen anymore because this situation has caused me to grow up fast. I feel like i'm about 40 years old!

If i ever get married, i will never do this because of the pain it causes! No one can try to put their selves in your shoes and try to feel what your feeling. it just doesn't work like that! you don't know the amount of pain unless you have experienced it yourself!

My biggest question is, should i tell my dad? because if i do i will rip my entire family apart.

sorry this is so long, i could write a book series with whats gone on!
    but if anyone wants to give me advice, give it, i need all of it i can get!!!

1. Which parent cheated?
    4. Did you ever know about the affair before it was known to your parent who was not cheating? What did you do?

1.mom aged 36 her lover aged 19
    2.they divorced
    3.i hated my mother for it, my father had to be open with me especially i was only 12 though
    4.i discovered the affair by cracking my moms internet password and printed out 50 pages of e-mails to and from her lover after my father slapped me and accused me of lying the day before
    5.i finally forgave my mother as i live with her again and truly they are better people now without eachother
    6.ive cheated (long story read threads if interested) i would never do it again nor would i ever have an affair its selfish especially if there are children in the mix marriage is a sacred agreement

1. Which parent cheated?
    Dad

separated then divorced after a few years

I kind of knew what my dad was doing but was hoping it would correct itself. I was upset and angry (still am toward my dad) but kept it all bottled up while trying to be the peacemaker between them.

I was pretty certain but in denial. I did nothing and still know of one other woman he cheated with but have never told my mother because it was her best friend.

Will never forgive him and at this point do not like him but will always love him as he's my dad. Headf*ck or what lol.

Never have and I hope I never ever will.

1. Which parent cheated? My Father
    2. What happened to your parents' marriage? They Divorced
    3. What were your feelings on what was happening? I was too young, so nothing. My mom tells me I had a hard time dealing with my father not being at home. running to the front door whenever someone came over yelling 'Daddy'.
    4. Did you ever know about the affair before it was known to your parent who was not cheating? What did you do? No, too young.
    5. Did you forgive your cheating parent or not? Never have. It took away from my childhood experience. I never had a complete family, was never close to my father, and he only has himself to blame for it.
    6. Have/would you ever had an affair? I have never cheated on a SO before. When I am committed, I am 110%.

1. Which parent cheated?
    My dad cheated early on in their marriage, My mom cheated later in their marriage.

It fell apart, my mom left my dad when I was 17.

I was hurt, torn and just completely confused about the whole situation.

Yes, I knew about nearly all of my moms affairs. She used to take me with her to meet guys. It destroyed me!! I told my father of course about most of them.

I never "forgave" them but I didn't hold a grudge over it either.

Never!

1. Which parent cheated?
    My mom

My dad has a lot of personal issues and began drinking and became a full blown alcoholic - and he was verbally abusive and super mean when drunk. He refused to quit or get any help. When my mom wanted to be social with friends he would never go out with her, so she got a life of her own.

I thought it was really sad that my parents marriage had come to this but my dad single-handedly ruined it. I don't really blame my mom for developing feelings for some one else. She had done her time with my dad and any one could see the marriage was ending. I'm pretty sure she was only emotionally cheating on my dad, and I can't blame her. My dad pushed her away.

Yeah I knew a long time before my dad did. My dad didn't really know until she left him (about a week later after they separated my dads employees saw my mom with this man), but still there's no actual evidence she was seeing this man while she was with my dad. I didn't do or say any thing to my dad. It was between my mom and my dad. But I did yell at my mom once to stop talking sh*t about leaving my dad and to actually follow through. A few weeks later she did.

I don't think I ever really held it against her.

I haven't and I really hope I don't.

Originally Posted by Sheyda
    I have some questions for those whose parents have cheated:

1. Which parent cheated?
    1. Dad

2. Well my mum thought 'what is good for the goose, is good for the gander'....so on discovering my dads affair, she went out and had an affair herself. When my dad discovered it, he hit the roof and then offered to ditch his mistress, if my mum ditched her new man. But my mum preferred the new guy.....so that spelled the end of the marriage!

3. I was around 10, don't recall having any feelings on it.....my dad was hardly ever hardly home anyway due to having his own business and working a lot...so he wernt that big of a miss when they split. LOL

4. Nope.

5. Course I forgave. End of the day, they are still my parents, are human, none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes...I love my dad and mum and think nothing less of them.

6. No I have not had an affair and would never have an affair.

So kids of cheating parents, don't always turn out the same....

hi i was wondering if you could give me some advice on what to do because my mom is cheating on my dad with this * * * * * * * loser. what do i do??? my dad doesn't know. but i think my 2 out of 3 brothers know. i've known this since about august 2007. it's really frustrating to me that i'm wasting all this time. well first of all this affair my mom has with this man is on yahoo messenger. in one of her drawers in her office space there's a dildo wrapped in a towel. this makes me want to barf. she also has a prepaid phone so she can text and call this person without my dad noticing. she also says this man is her cousin which is obviously not true. i could write a whole book about this but the last thing is that i've only told one of my best friends about a year ago idk if she still remembers but we dont hang out much anymore!!! please help!!!! thanks!!! -ally

12. 03-04-2009, 12:42 AM
    Reason
    Duplicate

13. 03-04-2009, 12:43 AM

Reason
    Duplicate

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice