LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112

Thread: Gifts from a non-boyfriend to my girlfriend

Platinum Member
    Heres what I think... you should just move on. You two dont sound like you want the same things.

Or, tell her that you are willing to be with her, but you want her to drop everything and move to be with you. After all, if she really loved you she would just quit her job, school, friends, etc and move to a new country. Why not... she expects you to do the same.

So make sure you throw that question at her if you do continue talking to her. Make sure she sees how rediculous that is.

Non-sentimental gifts for a non-boyfriend are a challenge, because you definitely do not want to give the slightest encouragement.

Originally Posted by renaissancewoman101
    I dont think you should have anything to be worried about, if she is telling the truth about telling the guy that she has a bf and is not interested. If he knows the truth and he still insists on giving her gifts and chocolates, then the onus is on him NOT her.

Besides, what is wrong about a friend giving someone gifts, even if the person is taken? Gifts are a sign of friendship and should not be taken always as a sign of love or interest.

I give my friends gifts, even guy friends. Doesnt mean I have an interest in them other than friendship.
    This dude is trying to get to her - he's not giving her these gifts as a sign of friendship. She knows this. She should not be accepting these OP. I don't think she's going to stop though. She likes the attention. It comes with maturity that she'll realize what she's doing and she'll stop eventually when she realizes that kind of behavior won't allow her to have a good relationship.

SHE IS WRONG - if that helps clarify it for you.

A woman like this will have you doubting yourself constantly, making it seem like what she is doing is ok and that you are the one with the problem. Don't buy it.

She's early to mid 20's, right?

She's early to mid 20's, right?
    She was but this thread is now four years old.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112

Give Advice
Ask For Advice