Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to spot a lesbian?

turqoise

How to spot a lesbian?

sorry for the crude title. Just wondering, if you`re lesbian, how do you know if someone else is without asking?

I have met girls with short hair, sort of punky, which I thought might be, but it`S kind of embarrassing to ask. One, cos if they`re not it`ll be akward, and two if they are they might think you`re into them (which you might not be). Is there a way of telling? Is there a vibe? A look? A code? How do y`all find each other?

vermilion
    Quote Originally Posted by turqoise [Register to see the link]
    I have met girls with short hair, sort of punky, which I thought might be, but it`S kind of embarrassing to ask.
    Yeah, well, there's plenty of straight girls who dress punk with short hair so that's not a good way to tell. And if you ask a straight girl if she's into girls you'd make her paranoid and might hurt her feelings, "OMG, I look like a lesbian!?"

I don't know how to tell, usually I only know if I see some girl is kissing another girl.

Maybe if you're old enough you can go to a lesbian club or put out a personal ad on one of those dating sites?

vandgsmom
    Gold Member
    I have definatly gotten the lesbian "vibe" from a few women, not that I think that there is a specific set of body language that has to go along with lesbians, but just like gay men... it is just something..other.. that you pick up on sometimes.

And yes, I have been asked by a woman if I was a lesbian, and no, it didn't make me all worried that I looked wo-MAN-ly.

darkblue
    When another woman comes on to you, perhaps?

How do you spot a straight woman...?

Cadence308
    The ones with the boy-short haircuts and the rainbow t-shirts on are the lesbians!

vandgsmom
    Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballys [Register to see the link]
    The ones with the boy-short haircuts and the rainbow t-shirts on are the lesbians!
    rofl

I have always found the female mullet to be a dead giveaway...lol

Spugly Fuglet
    I lived with lesbian mate a year shareing a flate, we would go drinking together and play the spot the strat, bi, bent, girl saras name for the game not mine. I tell ya its hard, lipstic lesbians throw you the most, and bi girl used to go for sara in a big way, it could dent your ego when you gay late mate gos out with lovily. Me I was fine with it saras a grate mate and it was a grate time.

but I'm telling you, you can never tell a bokok by its cover

turqoise
    Heehe, thanks.
    Well, I`m way too scared to go to a lesbian bar, and too private to divulge all details through the net, so I figure, maybe I will meet someone somewhere and be able to tell..the thing is I would usually assume that a woman is straight until she told me.
    I`ve yet to see rainbow Tshirts, though at gay parades inthe past all the women have been quite stereotypically butch-looking...I think maybe I know what the vibe is but I`m not sure it could have just been me.

I`d appreciate if more light could be shed on this. How have other lesbian couples met each other? Also, do lesbians tend to be feminist? (I`m asking because I`ve met a few girls who I thought might be, and were into feminism in a big way-and this might be a way of being more sure through talking?)

buddafleye
    It's difficult to tell, especially if you're totally crushing on the person. I really like this girl and I could've SWORN I was getting vibes from her. After a little research, she's without a doubt straight. I almost, ALMOST said something to her. I think that sometimes these "vibes" we feel are actually just us overanalyzing every little thing a girl does in hopes to find out she's gay.

Maybe some people have gaydar, but I think I'm missing that gene. hah. I'll probably never date a girl unless she comes out to me because it's too risky.

BrightAiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballys [Register to see the link]
    u know...thats kinda mean...some girls hav boy short haircuts, that doesn't make them lesbians.
    and rainbow tshirts...really?!

it's truly impossible to spot a lesbian..
    they can be tomboyish, or prepy, or whatever!!!
    they r juss into girls!
    not like they r a differnent species!!

11. 04-14-2008, 10:34 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
long story, what would you do?
Hey all, I want to share my story and get some feedback. Iím going to try to summarise as much as possible, otherwise this will be a

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice