Waiting for my Performance Review

I work for what I thought was a really great small company. The job is as full time and as flexible as I want it to be. I am an Office Manager, I am currently finishing my degree in Economics and I have a busy life with my son and my partner who travels 75% of the time consulting.

However, the job is in Oregon and pays only $2 above minimum wage so I'm making $9.50/ hour. Running copies, A/P, A/R, ordering supplies, Quickbooks, payroll, Processing Quotes, and Pricing....and alas I'm now the web master.

Yet my pay stays the same! My 90 day review was 2 weeks ago and guess what?!? No review.

Nearly two week ago, I was offered another job making more money but it is part time. Upon breaking the news to my current employer I let them know I could be around to finish up the web work, I am currently developing their online catalog, I have the websites up and going for the business and their condos. Essentially, be at this job as long as they needed me. As a student I have a ton of 3-6 month stints in jobs but would like to stay in a job longer. Right now, I have 2 classes so working 2 jobs is great. I work in the morning for this job and in the afternoon I work for a job that is actually a real job with benefits even working part time.

I want to stay with both jobs but I feel like I am not valued because after 3 months of being their best Office Manager I am still only making $9.50/ hour.

Yes, I have spoken up. We were supposed to have a meeting about my job today. This would be a perfect opportunity to have a review and to also discuss my job description. Alas, this to didn't happen because only 1 of 2 bosses is in and this is the case until Wednesday.

I am at a complete loss, I really like the people and job but I resent it at the same time because I am not valued.

I should mention that everyone except two of us are now making $11.00 raise. Most people received a $1.50 raise LAST pay period. The only other person that didn't get a raise has been there for over 3 years and she is already making $11/hour.

**Two weeks ago when I was giving notice to move my job to super part time one of my bosses said that they could match the $12/hour that I am making in my new job.**

I process payroll on Wednesday, If I have not receive my raise, I want to go. But how do I do that without burning my bridges?

Any suggestions or thoughts to any of this would be great.

Thank you for reading.

**Anxious in Oregon**

#1babylove - sounds like it's time to go......

Ya know, a lot of times, working for a small company is really hard and almost everyone sacrifices. I have a strong feeling that they would LIKE to pay you more but being a small company, they might not be afforded the luxury to do so.

I tihnk you should try to get them to discuss openly and honesly with you, what their situaiton is. Because if they value you and they're a grwoing company, you will be in a very good place on down the line...if you can stick it out.

BUT if they are just trying to get something for next to nothing because they can cry - "small company" and are avoiding even talking to you about it, maybe it's time for you to just move on and let someone else do all the sacrificing....

I am their book keeper. I know what is coming in and going out of both business as well as what loans and such they have going. They own their house, condos, and the building we are in. They can give me more money but I haven't figured out why I still make so little.

I am the only other employee that knows everything about the company because I handle all of the financials.

My job right now is to also expand to other markets like trade shows and online ecommerce.

When I did give my notice of moving permanently to part time I brought up job security and as always, I was told that my job is the most secure because I have all of the internet stuff to do even if business slows I'll have a ton to do.

But i think you are right. I will have to quit. I just dread it.