Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats Ok???

I have told someone whom did the same thing (after a couple warnings) I was no longer willing to be friends with them, and I DID cut off the contact. Not easy, but....they crossed the line more than once.

Honestly, in my eyes they are NOT good friends if they do not respect my relationship, or my own feelings about it.

Internet flirting is cheating in my eyes.

I think its the intent to be sexual with someone else - whether that be virtual or real.

Cheating. End of for me!

xx

Originally Posted by sparkle1
    Internet flirting is cheating in my eyes.

I think its the intent to be sexual with someone else - whether that be virtual or real.

Cheating. End of for me!

xx
    My other half flirts online, I know he does. For me to call that cheating is ridiculous. And believe me, I know what it's like to be cheated on. But I guess the definition of flirting varies from person to person too.

Why would you want to do this? If you are happy, then why do you need to look elsewhere to flirt? And if you are not happy, then flirting online can only further damage your marriage.

I'm not married.

I just don't see it that way. Like, FE, when I am posting on here in the off topic forum Or anywhere else, just using here as an example) and people joke around with me, some comments are made that are flirty. And I play back into it. Does this mean I'm not happy, no. I am very happy.

So if he does this online, why should I assume any different.

Maybe it depends on what you call flirting. Just being playful is different that hot and heavy flirting. I guess you have to set your own limits regarding what you think is appropriate.

4thelast1...instead of giving us riddles and scarce information...why not give the full story i.e. what is your situation who was the online friendly person and what was said so we can see if it was appropiate or not? With the little information you give us there are thousands of possibilities...

Originally Posted by hazey_amber
    Why would you want to do this? If you are happy, then why do you need to look elsewhere to flirt? And if you are not happy, then flirting online can only further damage your marriage.
    Exactly! Physical or emotional, cheating is cheating. Emotional cheating and flirting I think is by far the worst since it's what ultimately will lead to action.

If you respect, love, and care about the person you're with, you wouldn't even think about flirting.

Originally Posted by 4thelast1
    My question is if you are married/in a relationship is it ok to chat/flirt online??? Does this constitue cheating. What if you really like chatting with someone and feel an attraction are you lying to your significant other??What about cybersex??? Im not sure what this is? Whats Ok and not?

Yes i think it is cheating, sharing emotionally physically or spiritually with someone other than your partner is betrayal.
    This includes cybersex, talking about sex, engaging in online forplay, anything.

Put it this way if you partner was doing and thinking and feeling the same way would you be okay with it? If not then dont do it.

If the person has to hide it or lie about it, then it is cheating. This is sneaky behavior and I think someone who's sneaky is by nature will likely cheat (physically) if given the opportunity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice