Followup on celticghirl story

Dear members,

A couple of weeks ago there was a rash of postings concerning a particular member celticghirl. The posts indicated she had been killed in some sort of accident.

Due to some inconsistencies in the story, we decided to investigate these reports and determine whether indeed this was a true event.

At this time we have concluded our investigation.

Upon contacting our sources and reviewing our information, we have determined that this appears to be a hoax and there is no evidence or any other reason to believe that this death has occurred.

Our apologies for the length of time that has passed but we did want to make sure we were thorough in checking our sources.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear members,

A couple of weeks ago there was a rash of postings concerning a particular member celticghirl. The posts indicated she had been killed in some sort of accident.

Due to some inconsistencies in the story, we decided to investigate these reports and determine whether indeed this was a true event.

At this time we have concluded our investigation.

Upon contacting our sources and reviewing our information, we have determined that this appears to be a hoax and there is no evidence or any other reason to believe that this death has occurred.

Our apologies for the length of time that has passed but we did want to make sure we were thorough in checking our sources.

Wow, that is aweful. I can't believe someone needed attention so badly that they had to go and hurt so many people. I am really sorry that happened! I followed the posts and felt really bad for her, but now that I know it was a hoax I am hurt and angry.

I am really glad you were able to determine it was a hoax. I hope this never happens again!

I came home from the hospital to find this out and I have grieved over this for days now.

I used every resource I had to see if it was true or not, but couldn't find anything either way... I finally just had to assume it was true because trying to fight a thing you cannot get your hands on just makes it hurt worse.

I guess we will have to wait and ask Indi when she gets back....

I was thinking about fake deaths on forums today, not this one, but in general. I saw it in another thread where someone posed as their brother and reported the "death", but we did an online searchfor a news report in that area (claimed he died in a horrific fire) and saw nothing. It sucks that this type of attention is pulled but at least a death did not occur.

Thanks Avman, aka Enotalone's Columbo.

I am so totally appalled and disgusted right now. The people who perpetuated this should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Now if a member of this forum truly dies, the rest of the members will be wary of offering condolences.

I'm glad the girl is not dead, but I'm completely appalled. It's like those people who, after 9/11, posted on forums representing themselves as missing loved ones. Sick.

Hey befor yous go and judge celticghirl, think about why she musta done this (if it was her), she must be feeling really alone and feels like no one cares, so stop judging and think about this poor girl and what she must be going throw right now. Celticghirl if you are reading this please PM me please

Hey befor yous go and judge celticghirl, think about why she musta done this (if it was her), she must be feeling really alone and feels like no one cares, so stop judging and think about this poor girl and what she must be going throw right now. Celticghirl if you are reading this please PM me please

My thoughts exactly, has anyone tried to talk to celticgirl or the guy who posted the original story?

lost&broken is right, we are in no position to make judgments. I understand and know that when a person is in too deep hanging by a thread and no one is listening - perhaps the only way to draw attention or reach out for help is by faking his or her own death.

Leah, if you're reading this - please let us help you. I'll pm or email you.

Thank you for investigating and passing the word, Avman (and all others who helped).

I felt myself questioning the integrity of the site, and I didn't like it.

As far as judging/not judging the one who did this - uhh, is not this person being banned? What s(he) did is a serious offence to the community.

HOLD ON NOW! I won't believe for a minute this is fake...I know there are plenty of fakes online but for this to be fake the scenario would be something like :

- Leah faking her own death

- Indi being in on it and lying to us all (they're not the same person, I talked to them both at once )

- most of leah's and indi's threads being fake and made up as well...who spends 5 or 6 months of their lives writing hours daily at a forum about what their sufferings making it up? I don't see that happening

I talked to them alot, and more to indi both on msn and on the phone and I will not believe she is fake...frankly I don't know why the police couldn't find her name but I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for it..

They would both have to be Oscar material for all of this to be fake and I don't believe it, I had absolutely no indication of Indi nor Leah lying about anything while I was talking to them.

Why don't you try calling the university of dundee, school of dentistry and ask them about it, Leah said she was enrolled there...here is the link :

link removed

Frankly I am disgusted by this thread and it makes me feel awful, I cared about her and I hate the accusations this thread implies, Indi has a load of problems as well and I can't imagine how this thread would affect her.

Yes i am with fallout on this one, get the police to do a better job. This tread is doing nothing at all besides hurting the poeple that loved and cared about her. So why not just delete this thread hey? and let Leah (celticghirl) rest in peace like she deserves

Yes i am with fallout on this one, get the police to do a better job. This tread is doing nothing at all besides hurting the poeple that loved and cared about her. So why not just delete this thread hey? and let Leah (celticghirl) rest in peace like she deserves

Because it was a hoax thread.