Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best advice ever: (read this, girls)

Best advice ever: (read this, girls)

Whenever you meet a guy online who claims to want a relationship with you, sign up for a second account at the site in which you met him on and contact him as another woman. That way you will catch a liar, cheater, and possible abuser in the act and save yourself from a broken heart or potentially dating/marrying a cheater or abuser. I don't care how bad it sounds, it works. If you want the truth, use another account to get it. I just did that to someone who was BAD NEWS and could still be married for all I know - apparently he plans to meet women online, sleep with them, and he is at least verbally abusive underneath all of that "I love you, I love you, please be with me forever" crap. DON'T fall for it! NEVER fall for it! ALL MEN LIE! Every word! Get the truth before you get involved.

Platinum Member
    It pays to be very careful when "cyber dating". I am not totally sure of your methods because,

1) typically most people looking for dates on-line are talking to multiple people anyway.
    2) You should be sceptical about anyone wanting a relationship with you before they have actually met you.
    3) If they are not lying then YOU become the lying cheater by having another false account and making out like you are interested in him.

And all men do not lie. That is just hysterical nonsense.

Not all men lie... ;_;

Whilst not necessarily good advice, I think amongst many online communities it's become matter of course. Just be careful layering it on too thick, some people will respond just out of politeness...

Well not all men lie, only some

But i myself will never trust someone i meet online. But that is a really good thing to d if you do meet do meet one on line

I know some may project that route as desperate and it screams insecurity on your behalf but it's better to safeguard your heart now then a few months down the road with a broken heart.

Sometimes I can't even trust myself so of course, I'm not going to trust a total stranger. I learned my lesson.

Starting a relationship with lies, snooping, and deceit is no way to ensure that you will ever be happy. Work on your trust issues before you assume that every man you meet is a liar or a cheater. How would you feel if a man did that to you?

Bronze Member
    At first I wouldn't expect him to not be dating other women, as I'm not going to stop dating any and all men the first time or two I have coffee with someone. But after awhile, when things start to become exlusive or intimate, yeah, I'd not want him to be still putting himself out there on the 'available' market.

You don't understand. EVERY guy I've ever known has started off with sooooo much sweet-talking and promises of love and marriage. I was fully within my rights to do what I did and I caught a liar, cheater, and potential abuser in the act. How can you even begin to think that guy was honest if he was telling me he loved me and wanted a real relationship with me - even having the nerve to "make sure" that I wasn't talking to any other men online - then when he thinks he has another woman interested in him, he tells "her" that he isn't seeing or talking to anyone else and is very interested! He's a liar and I caught him and I'm proud of it.

Bronze Member
    I think you did well. I do think he was misrepresenting both himself and his intentions towards you, and that is unacceptable. Now you are free to find someone who has a little more integrety.

Originally Posted by 147nothing
    You don't understand. EVERY guy I've ever known has started off with sooooo much sweet-talking and promises of love and marriage. I was fully within my rights to do what I did and I caught a liar, cheater, and potential abuser in the act. How can you even begin to think that guy was honest if he was telling me he loved me and wanted a real relationship with me - even having the nerve to "make sure" that I wasn't talking to any other men online - then when he thinks he has another woman interested in him, he tells "her" that he isn't seeing or talking to anyone else and is very interested! He's a liar and I caught him and I'm proud of it.
    yes i would of done the same thing if i had been lied to in the past by more than one guy, yes i would also be proud of it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice