Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been addicted to Oxynorm?

i agree, cold turkey is probably a very bad idea. You will likely have to slowly decrease your dosage to avoid horrible withdraws. Talk to your doctor about it. They may have recommendations on what dosages to take and when to wean off it. If it is a serious problem then you may need rehab.

I really have no advice for you. But I do share your problems. Ive been abusing drugs and alcohol since I was a teenager. Over the past two years Ive discovered that pain medication morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc is my drug of choice. I recently broke my leg in a car accident and of course they shot me up with morphine over and over and sent me home with a prescription for Percocet. Granted I needed it at the time.

It still is a huge problem for me. Ive spent entire paychecks just to get a fix. I love the feeling that opiates bring. All my pain emotional-physical is still there but it just doesn't matter. This is <>up but its true. I would rather experience narcotics than love, sex, food, anything.
    Ive even gone to the point of using heroin a few times when I was able to find it. However most of the time its pills. Any I can find. My mom has a high paying job and she is also addicted. I find the drugs out on the street for us. She pays and shares them with me for getting them.

Ive been to rehab once and it was a <> joke. All they talked about was alcohol and anger. I made a friend while I was there and all we talked about was getting high and the day we got out. No make that the hour, we took off on the bus to the next town bought 3 grams of heroin and both of us shot up right there on the spot.

I can imagine that the only was I can ever quit would be to go on Methadone or go cold turkey.
    Last edited by avman; 11-07-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Language

How I Beat Oxycontin (Oxycodone) Addiction

I was addicted to opates also so I know exactly what you are going through. Six years ago I injured my back severly. I was pit on multiple opates like fentanyl (80 times potency of morphine), 40 miligrams Oxycontin 3 times a day and Percocet 3 times a day all at one time. I realized I was addicted when the Fentanyl ran dry and I did have the other opates because I misused them. The withdrawl sickness was unbearable and put me in the hospital where they resupplied me with more Fentanyl. To show you how bad my addiction was they had to inject me with twice the average amount of Demerol to stop the convulsions. I decided then that I had to get off.
    After getting my monthly supply of opates from my pain management doctors I did the following. I used the fentanyl everyother day while taking 40mg Oxycontin and 7.5mg of percocet twice a day (instead of 3 times a day) for a week . After that week I stopped using fentanyl altogether and used 40mg Oxycontin and 7.5mg of percocet twice a day for two weeks. Then I cut the Oxycontin (not recommended unless you are good at math) into 4 equal parts. I took 1 quarter of Oxycontin every 5 hours for two weeks,then I took 1 quarter of the Oxy every 6 hours for a week. Soon I was able to take 1 7.5mg of percocet every 7 to 8 hours for a week. Then I broke the Percocet in half and took half every 6 to seven hours for two weeks. After that I only take opates only when the pain is very severe which is about once or twice a week. Sometime I can go for 2 or three weeks and not need any pain medication. It took me a long time to get to this point but I can honestly say that I'm not addicted to opates anymore. I took that length of time because I didn't want to admit to anyone that I was hooked. That was between Jesus and me. Through your process don't forget about GOD because he can really help. I don't recommend what I did to anyone but it lets you know IT CAN BE DONE and you have to be VERY VERY CAREFUL.

Feel your pain!!!

Hi there I'm currently in hospital in Melbourne, Aust detoxing of long term narcotic use originally due to a chronic bowel disease that I was born with.

I'm 31yrs old and have had around 100 opperations, (who's counting)...

I was in a long term rehab, which can run from 12-18mths approx but needed to leave to get off the Oxynorm.

Could anyone please advise me on the withdrawal symptons from oxynorm, cause im feeling like * * * * waiting to get reveived by thr dr's.

please read bella

i am addicted to oxynorm,and like you i cant function without it,i was prescribed by my gp last yr for gall stones as i was in pain all the time.i was on 30mg a day.3 caps and my gp has gotten me down to 20mg,nxt week i will be down to 25mg.It is hard,i am struggling alot,the withdrawels isnt something ave ever experienced nor want to ever again,but i want off them as my life isnt reality as am sure you understand what i mean.But the thing about oxynorm as with any drug you build up a tolerence and need more,i started gettin withdrawels before the doc starting reducing it so it is better to come of it now rather than later,cause you are going to withdrawel regardless,what you gonna do?keep uppin the dose??
    sp to your gp,who can gradually ween you off,i also have a substance misuse officer who i see weekly n it really helps,I totally understand how you feel but the sooner you do something the better, i wanna stop but i dont want to,but i need to go on,cause i know week after my last i will be well again n drug free,good luck

panicky,feeling as if your not there,sore,leg cramps are the worst,every muscle in my body is sore,the runs,sorry but you did ask xgood luck

addiction is a horrible disease and will ruin your life, your relationships and everything around you. I am currently battling an addiction to oxycontin. I started going to an outpatient clinic (methadone maitence) and it is helping me tremendosly.I am not saying that it right for everyone, because its not..but it was right for me. I feel so much more stable in my life..and feel that i am getting my life back in order. It is something that i have to deal with everyday..and i am determined to get my life back on track. If you ever need someone to talk to..you can talk to me..because i have been there, still there..and its hard, and you need alllll the support you can get. without support..it wont work.

I have gone through throat cancer, now cured by chemo,and radio therepy.
    Of course I was given lots of pain relief ,Fentanil patches and Oxynorm. Five years down the road,and I am cancer free
    but hooked on the Oxynorm liquid, I take 100+ mls each day. I am 53 years old.

11. 06-27-2019, 04:49 PM

I am a person in long term recovery... spent many years as a using addict.

I see others have already chimed in with great advice... I donít have anything more to add except that itís possible to stop and stay stopped with the right tools and support. You donít have to do this alone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice