What IS this? *****************

I've had this tiny red spot on my stomach... I thought it was a bug bite at first. So yes, it was itchy. Then a huge area filled with pus appeared on it. It started getting bigger and bigger till I eventually popped it. Then I noticed it got redder and it hurts... it doesn't itch anymore. I noticed there was another one near it. It hurts... like when I lie on my stomach at night, it hurts. Now I noticed today, there is a new one on my stomach. It really itches but I haven't been itching it. It looks like there's pus already building up. I think there's actually 2 new ones like right next to each other. So now I have like 4 of these weird spots on my stomach. I have no idea what this is. I tried calling a dermatologist but they have no openings. I'll be back on college campus next week. They won't squeeze me in... they'd rather see me die before giving me an appointment apparently.

So, since I have no idea what this is... I thought maybe somebody does? Has anybody had this before? I'd appreciate ANY input.

(The new one's under my belly button).

image removed

If this picture keeps getting deleted, just go link removed.

The regular doctor has given me ointment. It doesn't seem to be doing anything...

She took a sample of the one in the middle.

I have yet to find out what it is.

I'm just a little concerned since a new one(s) appeared.

Ilse... I think you're absolutely right. Thanks so much!!

And to both of you, I appreciate your comments. After a diagnosis, it was easier for them to give me an appointment for the doctor (yeah, insane... I can't just say "I don't know what I have but I need to see a doctor).

I have an appointment tomorrow. Thank God. Thanks again!!!!

Just try not to touch it so you don't spread any potential infection. It will be good to get the test results. There are some very good ointments around and if you are not satisfied with the doctors analysis and treatment sometimes it can also be good to consider a reputable herbalist to see if there is anything you can do to prevent it from coming back and to soothe the healing process.

Have you been to the doctor yet to see what it is? In your photo it does look similar to having boils.

Just wondered if you went to the doctor yet? You may need some type of antibiotics. You mentioned that a sample had been taken already from one of the bumps. If you have not been back to the doctor at least Call them and see if they have the results yet. The results of whatever bacteria are in there would indicate what kind of proper medication or treatment would be.

Ahhh sorry I forgot to update!! Haha I went shopping after the appointment.

But anyways... the doctor said I have FOLLICULITIS, which is the inflammation/infection of the hair follicle.

image removed

Online it says "Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing, blockage of the follicle, or shaving."

Oops.. I'm guessing it's from shaving... well, I use Finishing Touch.

I've ALWAYS used this though. I don't know why it got infected NOW. Hehe.

image removed

The bacteria was getting all plugged up and was getting worse.

The damaged follicles were being infected with the bacteria staphylococcus (staph).

The doctor squeezed 'em to get all the bacteria out. Yeah, IT HURT LIKE A MOFO.

She said that if I didn't do anything, it would've eventually LED to boils.

I sure thought it was already boils lol.

Man, I did a search on Google for "folliculitis"... and some pictures were just AWFUL.

I'm thankful for my few ones. LoL.

But it seems to be getting a little better now.

I have to keep using my ointment twice a day for 7 days.

So be careful guys!

Haha I'm glad these bumps weren't on my face!!

Thanks again for the input guys. \\

Glad to hear it's something innocent, sally!!

Ehm... why do you shave your belly???

I think it might be good to really desinfect that finishing touch thingy. Use dettol or rubbing alcohol or buy a new one to be sure you don't reinfect yourself?

Ilse

Glad to hear it's something innocent, sally!!

Ehm... why do you shave your belly???

I think it might be good to really disinfect that finishing touch thingy. Use dettol or rubbing alcohol or buy a new one to be sure you don't reinfect yourself?

Ilse

Yes, thank goodness you found out the cause of your bumps. I agree with Isle that you should completely disinfect your shaver or preferably buy a new one if you intend to shave again.

I too was curious at to why you shave your stomach? As a girl I wouldn't think you would be so hairy to need to shave your belly.

I'm not completely hairless on my stomach... no one is LOL.

I have brown hair... not blonde. So it shows up a lot more.

People wax for a reason. I don't want to because... yeah, it hurts.

Hey, nothing wrong with shaving it , if you feel you need to. I guess isle and I were both just curious when we asked that question. Some people are hairier than others or it shows more, I can agree with that.

I have black hair, but never had a problem with dark hair on the stomach . I guess we are all different in that way. Some people don't want even light hair to be seen. TO each his own. Just remember if you keep shaving it, get yourself and new razor thingy so you don't pass that staph germ back to yourself.

Hey, nothing wrong with shaving it , if you feel you need to. I guess isle and I were both just curious when we asked that question. Some people are hairier than others or it shows more, I can agree with that.

I have black hair, but never had a problem with dark hair on the stomach . I guess we are all different in that way. Some people don't want even light hair to be seen. TO each his own. Just remember if you keep shaving it, get yourself and new razor thingy so you don't pass that staph germ back to yourself.

Yeah, thanks for the tip!

Btw, the bumps are getting better. YAYYY!

I think I'll buy another Finishing Touch. I'm gonna get paranoid about using it again... Hehe.