LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work in Progress 8/2006

Thanks!

I remembered the book, googled and found that on wikipedia. The book is excellent, it helped me a lot dealing with my inconfidence and improved my com skills. I also follow this statement by confucius:
    Do not be concerned about others not appreciating you. Be concerned with your not appreciating others.
    It's very important on this site.

The book is great to learn to deal with people. Some universities franchise leadership courses (google dale carnegie course), my gf went there. Expensive but worth the money.

I find it very important to not let others imbalance me too much and follow what's in this thread and post #9 of Wicked, mostly, nobody is perfect.
    Last edited by nottoogreen; 08-22-2006 at 09:26 AM.

Notable Quotations

Small collection of notable quotations.

Originally Posted by ~~Steven~~
    ... Trying to figure out the root of ALL conflict. I found it! Selfishnes. That's it. The most basic form of conflict. I can't think of any dispute that didn't branch off of Selfishness. The reason people conflict with each other is because one, the other, or both aren't getting their way.

How to solve it?

Stop caring so much about how YOU want things. This coincides with the other statement, "Accept what I cannot change, yet have the courage to change the things I can."

You can accept the fact that things aren't ALWAYS going to go your way. Deal with it, and have the courage to manipulate your surroundings (not really physical) ...
    Originally Posted by ~KillTheSilence~
    ... selfishness arises not just from anger, but a lack of what feels necessary and the desire to acquire it in a way that is seen to only benefit the disiree and possibly negate the desires of another. ...
    Last edited by nottoogreen; 08-27-2006 at 01:24 PM.

3. 06-08-2011, 11:42 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice