Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KillTS's life in a nutshell

it's hard to get a journal post in when schools happenin, but i love the weekends more than ever now.

anyways, i've been thinking a lot lately (just as i have every lately) and have been wondering about how many people have overprotective, being one who has them myself.

it sucks. ALL over my school i hear people talking about Myspace this and Myspace that. my church has a stupid (as far as i know, it's probably awesome) myspace for the high schoolers (they have a cool program called Fuel where we congregate and worship, talk about moral values in a way, and then have a whole lotta fun doin things with the peeps).

so why can't i have an account there (i've asked myself that a ton)? i had one but then my parents caught me (my dad, actually) and said that it was bad for me and i was all like what the hell dude i just freakin blogged my a** off and found some of my friends (just got started with the whole deal, really) and now i have to LEAVE it?

i think that goes to show how much tthey know is based on what they hear from random people. in this case, it was one of my dad's patients. he was a cop and just happened to blab his mouth off about less than TEN people who fell victim to online predators. TEN!!! does he even know how many people use myspace? i mean, it only claims that half of America (that's in the MILLIONS, NOT THE TENS!!!) uses the place.

so i'm all PO'ed at them for being so overprotective, even though i understand their belief in that i will too fall victim even though it's statistically and EXTREMELY improbable.

any comments on parents' overprotective behavior concerning stuff like this?
    Last edited by ~KillTheSilence~; 08-25-2006 at 10:18 PM.

Some comments,

Your dad tries to look after you, his way. In a way he did quite well so far. Now he has trouble with you growing up (probably remembers all that * he did age 14

So, please take it easy, show him that you are mature and stable. Be patient and persistent.

those dreaded words....
    it's hard to prove myself mature when he sees me failing to act the right way when i have all these problems he still doesn't know of because he's not there to see them...

holy crap that all just intertwined itself like crazy

Sit down with him this weekend, tell him you need to talk. Also about the psych. Exercise talking to him.
    Last edited by nottoogreen; 08-25-2006 at 11:06 PM.

just read this cool post on dealing with pain and i decided to break it down and analyze it through something other than an animal comparison, if that's possible. i can sense there's something more in it that needs to be found.

looking at that the second time makes me realize how much of itself explains itself...i still feel like there's more to it....
    Last edited by ~KillTheSilence~; 08-25-2006 at 11:18 PM.

[QUOTE=nottoogreen;1188742]Sit down with him this weekend, tell him you need to talk. Also about the psych. Exercise talking to him.

ah man i hate it when i have to do that...it feels so awkward....

i could try, but it'd have to be when i'm in trouble (that would be the only time i'm in the mood for it). i'll wait for trouble (and it comes, as i have found) and he will get it. it might have to wait for a while, though, cause my mom and bro are havin their birthdays a day a part and within the first 5 days of September.

if the time is ripe i'll pop it in, though.

You are defeating yourself in the long run. You really are a nice bright guy, but you have to learn talk to dad. He can't understand you.

I wanno know more about dad's communications.

How much do you talk with dad every week, what about?

How much does your bro talk with dad every week, what about?

i talk to dad kind of like i talk to a grownup friend (and as a dad too. that adds limits to any conversation by what i say/how it's said).

my bro is........um.......well...he um....doesn't talk to him all that much as far as i know. he asks for things a whole lot and talks to the family about what he heard about such and such thing of seemingly unimportant events in the making.

oh wait i forgot...

THEY ARGUE!!!

i don't think i need to explain their arguments any more than i already have, so just a reminder

OK, talk to him more about everything except sexuality perhaps. Life, science, sports, talk more, you get more comfortable and he to. Exercise is it. The more he knows you the more he will appreciate you as well.

i'll try. i'm not the one who always has something to say and i usually end up just listening and adding on, but i'll try.

formal entry:

i woke up early this morning, around 8:00, to do something my jr high counselor told me to try: the PSAT. I bought a practice book after she referred me to it (which was around the last day of school my 8th grade year) and i finally did a practice test today.

it really surprised me to find out how much vocabulary you need to know before taking one. i've never used words like repudiation or laconic before. it got me thinking that i should write something down in my journal that uses those words so i could express myself in that way. i'm going to write what i think of selfishness here (thank you ~steven~ for mentioning it in your journal).

selfishness arises not just from anger, but a lack of what feels necessary and the desire to acquire it in a way that is seen to only benefit the disiree and possibly negate the desires of another. i had a good introspective on it last night, but something as inscrutible as what i introspect will estrange itself into some place in my mind that's too clandestine for my current state of thought to discover. why am i only coherent only when i'm surrounded by falling water...my life is one big conundrum.

anyways, my monolith of an idea reached the bounds of this bigger picture i was pondering: the relationship of opposites. it struck me odd to think that the only discrepency among opposite words were them being opposite. compare the phrase "i want" with the phrase "i don't want" and what do you think? both phrases are opposite. but when "i want" something, "i don't want" to lack that something. and when "i want" something to end "i don't want" that something to begin or continue.

...unfinished. brb
    Last edited by ~KillTheSilence~; 08-26-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice