LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KillTS's life in a nutshell

lol

still not over that boxing it in crap. i'll try though.

i g2g for the nite. cya later.

well now guess what? my passive as ever dad seems to have forgotten about the whole appointment thing...

i'll have to make him remember soon. maybe after vacation this week.

i wish he wasn't always like that, cause he's always like that.

That's what I thought, he wanted to intimidate you! I am

Please talk to him today.

Got an idea, If your dad really does not let you go to a psych, tell him you are sad and depressed and tell him you do not want to go to school. That will get his attention.

Please be cool and respectful... and sad

it's a tad late today. he's already asleep.

i'll try catching him tomorrow, but yeah i'm sorta mad cause he never holds himself up to the challenge of all this. btw, i'd really like to capture his attention, but only truthfully. he'll just test my blood if i'm acting up like that ](*,)

either way, i'll grab his attention in the next fight i have with my brother. that can get dramatic while the wait can get short (as is my brother's temper ) wish me luck! chances are, i'll either get grounded or end up not having enough time to post as regularly as i normally would afterwords. it will open his eyes a bit though...

anyways, time for another (formal) journal entry:

I was at church today, as I try to do every Sunday I get, and the pastor was talking about the 5th year anniversary of the church. He said, "On the first day this church got together, I made a goal for the people (who were very few at the time, only 20 or so) to invite ten of their friends to come to this church." He later told us to invite 5 of our friends for the 5th anniversary to come to this church and see what would happen.

after the sermon, I was talking to one of my best friends, the one who suggested going to the church. (skip down past this and the next paragraph to see my point) I remember the first time I went was with him cause I really wanted to go and nobody in my family was ready to move from the church we never go to anymore. Anyways, that first time experience was a bit different. it started out with their Christian rock band playing some worship songs and then going on with the sermon, all the new age stuff.

it was more about understanding the morals that come out of the bible and building "healthy" relationships with other people. it was great. i actually understood what they were saying and i could actually relate myself to the situation they posed (which wasn't just over being a good Christian, preaching Christianity, all the other stuff you would normally hear from my old Episcapalian church).

Anyways, this challenge was one i was willing to accept. I know a few people (or atleast one) who might benefit from an experience that's positive like this. there was one i had in mind who didn't believe in God and believed what was in his religion (i dunno what it was called, but it was something over gods and goddesses and the elementals). As i said earlier, I was talking to one of my friends after the sermon when the assistant pastor of the church greeted both of us.

I felt like this was the perfect time to address to someone my problem. He said things like atheists generally reject beliefs in God because they're unure and decide to set up a wall to kind of block out anything that would contradict their atheism. He then told me about this book called The Case of Christ or something like that. I'm going to put this book on the spotlight in the Book Talk part of the forums sometime after or before i read it, but it basically what it was about was this lawyer who tried to prove the bible was false and ended up becoming a big Christian in the process.

surely this would help me reach out to this friend who tried to prove the bible was wrong in his own ways, too. wish me luck...
    Last edited by ~KillTheSilence~; 08-14-2006 at 01:08 AM.

I converted from atheist to agnostic on eNotAlone.

I respect your faith as well as everybodies. Morals originating from ancient teachings including the bible are very important to guide people.

[B]Religious tolerance means
    to extend religious freedom to people of all religious traditions, even though you may disagree with their beliefs and/or practices.

[B]Religious tolerance does not require you
    [INDENT]to accept all religions as equally true.[INDENT]

[B]Religious freedom means that you can
    • Without oppression, believe, worship and witness (or practice freedom from belief, worship and witness), as you wish;
    • change your beliefs or religion; and
    • associate with others to express your beliefs.

Last edited by nottoogreen; 08-15-2006 at 12:01 AM.

school's going to start today in a few hours. this journal place really grew since i last visited...

brother's getting more and more annyoing each day (he wouldn't shut up last time my family went out to eat). school means 7 hours less of him, and that 7 hours is going to be SPENT!!! MAN i love being around my friends

also got my braces off...

typical journal entry, so here's something i learned while playing poker:

5 chips takes 3 hours to beat the rest of the table if only one other person is playing while originally two others were playing.

i stayed up that nite for a while thinking about all the times i've come back from nothing and dominated in something, so here's to me =D>

it's like 5:00 AM at my place (couldn't sleep through the entire nite cause my room was so hot), so i'll c ena later.
    Last edited by ~KillTheSilence~; 08-22-2006 at 06:19 AM.

Originally Posted by ~KillTheSilence~
    here's to me =D>
    I second that.

Originally Posted by ~KillTheSilence~
    school means 7 hours less of him, and that 7 hours is going to be SPENT!!! MAN i love being around my friends
    I feel the same way around my older brother. Sometimes I just can't stand the fact that hw doesn't do ANYTHING to help around the house. He even got fired from his job of two years because he was drinking on the job. My dad didn't even lecture him...

that sounds like my bro minus the drinking part. school went nicely, btw. i ran (without stopping) for 2 and a half miles in cross country. it really shows you how much motivating yourself can get you, cause i could barely run a mile the day before. g2g to bed so early though...goodnite

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice