I'll be talking to my best friend and she'll just space out. She'll stare at one spot for up to like 5 minutes and nothing will bring her out of it until she shakes it off somehow. I waved my hand in front of her and tried talking to her and when she finally came out of it, she didn't even remember doing it.

She's going to the doctors on Tuesday but I was just wondering if anyone knows what it could be. She has been having really bad headaches constantly for about 3 weeks and now she's spacing out. I'm really worried about her.

A friend of mine has diabetes, but before she was actually diagnosed with it she used to phase in and out, sometimes going up to twenty minutes without responding, or carry on conversations she couldn't remember later on...

The medicine, sugar-balancing and all that fixed it right up, hopefully your friends just getting bad headaches... =/

I've recently been told I have classic idiopathic epilepsy, so I've been reading up on the subject...and perhaps your friend has a a type of epilepsy known as "petit mal" or "absense" seizures - it's not too serious, a brain scan will confirm it and it's easily manageable.

It's important to rule out any other causes though.