Ask For Advice

Thread: Spacing out

Ians Mommy

Spacing out

I'll be talking to my best friend and she'll just space out. She'll stare at one spot for up to like 5 minutes and nothing will bring her out of it until she shakes it off somehow. I waved my hand in front of her and tried talking to her and when she finally came out of it, she didn't even remember doing it.

She's going to the doctors on Tuesday but I was just wondering if anyone knows what it could be. She has been having really bad headaches constantly for about 3 weeks and now she's spacing out. I'm really worried about her.

iamteddybearfeelmecuddle
    Bronze Member
    So this came on suddenly 3 weeks ago? And she wasn't like that before?

Is her upcoming doctor's appt about this, or about something else. It doesn't sound good to me.

sumguy
    A friend of mine has diabetes, but before she was actually diagnosed with it she used to phase in and out, sometimes going up to twenty minutes without responding, or carry on conversations she couldn't remember later on...

The medicine, sugar-balancing and all that fixed it right up, hopefully your friends just getting bad headaches... =/

Butterfly~Wrists
    Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    i space out alot of the time, does she have a bad past, or has something bad happened to her? it could be she's just really worried/stressed?

romantic sweetheart
    Silver Member romantic sweetheart's Avatar
    Sometimes mild sezures can cause "spacing out" like this. I hope her doctor's appointment will be able to ascertain what is wrong.

AntiLove_SuperStar
    Platinum Member AntiLove_SuperStar's Avatar
    I've recently been told I have classic idiopathic epilepsy, so I've been reading up on the subject...and perhaps your friend has a a type of epilepsy known as "petit mal" or "absense" seizures - it's not too serious, a brain scan will confirm it and it's easily manageable.

It's important to rule out any other causes though.

Top Threads
Too Much Vitamin B ... And Coffee
Hey guys, so lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping, a bit "moody" lots of energy. Last night
Kidney pain with no kidney stones?
I've had a very strange and alarming pain in my left kidney for the past five years. I'm 24 and have had a fair few years of UTIs which were
Iím at a stage of giving up on everything??
Iíve been struggling with my physical and mental health for most of my life, I started feeling severely suicidal by first grade. I was diagnosed with
Too Much CoffeeVitamin B
So lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping or too much sleep. Last night was out with BF till
Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice