what is wrong here??

My problem is I have no drive for life. Everything in my life has become this huge obligation. My mom is always telling me to think of my future but I could really careless. I don't care or know what I want to do with my life. I just want it to be over. Nothing excites me, I'm always borred. (Please don't take offense here) I don't like being around people because its puts me in a mad/sad mood. I feel like I just don't connect to others, like everyone just annoy's me. And Everytime I want to do something I realize how much money I'm going to have to spend, thus I find out I don't want to do it. Example: I don't want a car, but I need one, and even though I need one I couldn't afford it or the insurance. Everything in life is that way. I guess I'm just really angry with the way things are in the world, and I can't stand the people in it (including myself) I'm just waiting for a car to run me over or something. I can't talk to my mom, she just shrugs me away, or gets offended, or just says thats life. I'm not sure if I have a depression problem, and even if I did I can't afford to pay for it. Has anyone ever felt this way before?

I can understand how you feel. Sometimes, we just feel like we owe other people "favors", like we have to do things their way, go visit them, hang with them, etc. Like we are living life for them and for their approval and not for our own selves. And yet, when we do try to live for ourselves, we feel lost, as if there is no structure, we dont know what to do, where to go, so we are stuck in a rut of inactivity and feel trapped and feel stagnant. We feel as though life is boring and not worth living and that we dont matter in this drama we call life. Is that how you are feeling? If so, I understand very well how you feel.

Maybe you are feeling this way because you feel unfulfilled or feel as though you are not contributing anything. I know I am feeling this way because I am somewhat depressed about things. I also really need to find a job or do some volunteer work so I can get some structure in my life, because that helps to dispel some of those feelings. Right now, I am going on vacation at the end of this week to visit a friend that I havent seen in a long time. I am excited about the trip, but part of me doesnt really want to go because I feel like it is an obligation, that it is going to cost me a lot of money that I dont have, that I am going to be obligated to do things their way for four days (and that really bothers me because I tend to be a loner a lot of times). Now I am stuck in this rut of whether I REALLY want to go or not and going through doubts and trying to see if I can get away with NOT staying with her and not hurting her feelings.

I feel inadequate and like I hurt others. So, I understand how you feel. In a way, I think it is a low level sort of "depression".

Get out and do things, that might help. Get into a routine and bring some structure into your life. That usually helps.

When I come back from my trip, I am thinking of seriously looking for a job and I am going back to school in the Fall so that should help.

It's be a long time. but at 18 that was my situation.

Everything seemed pointless, not worth the effort and I had no ambition.

You need to find those things that pull at your heart. Things that make you wake up and want something enough to seek it out.

We aren't born with interests, we find them by exploring. Go out in the world and look around. Hop a bus or walk or whatever you can do to explore your town, the woods, museums, libraries and other places that cost little or nothing. If you sit in front of a TV you can become just another couch tater who gets a boring job, drives home and watches other people do things on TV. That's just an extension of where you are now.

At my age, there's no end of things to do, but first I had to find them.

I've felt like that at times and have wanted to quit life, but then I realized after thinking awhile that there are ways to make life better and I can't quit now. I suggest keep exploring options and deciding on what you want to do with your life. It sounds like your mom just wants to make sure you have a path in life and don't end up working some dead-end job. And as for connecting with people, you may yet find someone you'll connect with. It's possible.