Ok I've posted some about my on again off again lover. We are now off..and for good. Last weekend I told him we should just be friends. Well 5 days go by and he calls me today to see if I want to go on a bike ride. At first I said I wasn't sure, and he got defensive and said "Whatever, I don't care." But then I gave in and said I would. Well, he calls later to tell me he dropped his bike and broke a part. I'm so sick of the excuses, it's almost like he calls me to see if I am still interested. He's been doing this for a month..asking me to go do something and then bailing out. I told him, look, don't call me anymore, because everytime you do it's the same ol' bulls**t. Just don't call me anymore. And he was like ok, and we ended the phone conversation. I don't get him. This has been going on for a month. I have not called him once in this month, he's the one who's been calling me. I'm also seeing someone else, but it hasn't progressed to any feelings yet because it is new, so I am still kind of attached to the ex. I haven't told my ex about him yet. I just want him to leave me alone so I can move on with my life, but I want to do so in a peaceful way. I'm not going to ignore his calls, I'm not playing games anymore with him because I know that's what he wants. I just want him out of my life. I know he's going to call me again though, what should I do?

If you won't ignore his calls, when he does not respect your wishes to not call you, how else are you going to get him out of your life? It's not playing games to follow through with what you said you would.

Block his emails, and phone calls. Sometimes people don't get the message until you show them with action you are serious about it.

And he calls because he knows he can, and because he wants to pull your strings and know they are still there. So cut them, and move on without him in your life.

Well this was my last straw, telling him to stop calling me. I've been mean, I've ignored his calls this past month already, but he's not getting it. I don't know how many more signals I need to drop. I'm so sick of the games. I know he cares or cared about me at one point, but he just loves playing games. I can't do it anymore. I do have feelings for him, and I did initially want to be friends, but friends that chatted once a month, once every couple of months. I don't understand why he wants to play games, even if we are friends. He's such a pest.

One thing that these kind of people are looking for is a reaction. As long as you keep ignoring his phone calls -- do not even answer ONE -- and his messages, he will give up eventually. You have to give me NO reaction at all, however. Stick to what you said -- don't answer his phone calls, don't reply to his messages.