Ask For Advice

Thread: Why does he keep calling me?

REDIRECT43

Why does he keep calling me?

Ok I've posted some about my on again off again lover. We are now off..and for good. Last weekend I told him we should just be friends. Well 5 days go by and he calls me today to see if I want to go on a bike ride. At first I said I wasn't sure, and he got defensive and said "Whatever, I don't care." But then I gave in and said I would. Well, he calls later to tell me he dropped his bike and broke a part. I'm so sick of the excuses, it's almost like he calls me to see if I am still interested. He's been doing this for a month..asking me to go do something and then bailing out. I told him, look, don't call me anymore, because everytime you do it's the same ol' bulls**t. Just don't call me anymore. And he was like ok, and we ended the phone conversation. I don't get him. This has been going on for a month. I have not called him once in this month, he's the one who's been calling me. I'm also seeing someone else, but it hasn't progressed to any feelings yet because it is new, so I am still kind of attached to the ex. I haven't told my ex about him yet. I just want him to leave me alone so I can move on with my life, but I want to do so in a peaceful way. I'm not going to ignore his calls, I'm not playing games anymore with him because I know that's what he wants. I just want him out of my life. I know he's going to call me again though, what should I do?

RayKay
    If you won't ignore his calls, when he does not respect your wishes to not call you, how else are you going to get him out of your life? It's not playing games to follow through with what you said you would.

Block his emails, and phone calls. Sometimes people don't get the message until you show them with action you are serious about it.

And he calls because he knows he can, and because he wants to pull your strings and know they are still there. So cut them, and move on without him in your life.

DaDancingPsych
    Silver Member
    I agree with the above poster. If you want him out of your life, don't let him in. You've tried explaining to him that you don't want to continue this relationship and he's not getting the message. You need to not answer his calls. With time, he'll simply stop calling.

REDIRECT43
    Well this was my last straw, telling him to stop calling me. I've been mean, I've ignored his calls this past month already, but he's not getting it. I don't know how many more signals I need to drop. I'm so sick of the games. I know he cares or cared about me at one point, but he just loves playing games. I can't do it anymore. I do have feelings for him, and I did initially want to be friends, but friends that chatted once a month, once every couple of months. I don't understand why he wants to play games, even if we are friends. He's such a pest.

Haven
    One thing that these kind of people are looking for is a reaction. As long as you keep ignoring his phone calls -- do not even answer ONE -- and his messages, he will give up eventually. You have to give me NO reaction at all, however. Stick to what you said -- don't answer his phone calls, don't reply to his messages.

6dalia
    why don' t you change your phone number????

Top Threads
I Slept With Someone Else During A Breakup
My boyfriend and I had been dating for a year. It was already a bumpy relationship with us being college freshman but being in love with each other
Help with ex girlfriend of almost 2 years
Hello guys, Im going to do a brief resume of my story. This girl, we started dating in high school, we dated for almost 3 years. We had a great
A Long Complicated Story...How Can I Win Her Back?
Hi there, just a forewarning, this is quite a long post. So if youre sitting around at work with time to kill, keep reading. Id really appreciate
Ex boyfriend's wife keeps writing to me
I dated my second to last ex for three years from 2012 - 2015. He was... interesting. He showed me the world, because I encouraged him to follow
Having a tough time moving on
My boyfriend dumped me about 8 months ago. We've been together for almost 10 months. He said he couldn't see the relationship work in the long run

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice