"You're a little sweet aren't you sugar???" Ugh Stupid people!

I'm really beginning to hate my job with a passion. I have to deal with nosey co-workers & immature ones everyday.Ok, I was talking with this old lady & I talk with everyone. I try to be nice & have decent conversations with everyone. She comes out of no where & she asks me if I'm a little sweet, an old term people use to ask if you're gay. Of course I plan to keep my sexuality a secret & it's nobody's business but mine but people talk. I said no, but I told her that we're in a workplace & asking me questions like that were unacceptable.She was like you don't seem like the other guys, you're too calm & laid back, you're not rough around the edges.I was like, please don't stereotype me! She basically shut up for the remainder of the day. So I'm leaving for work today just now, I'm in the lounge getting me something to drink & I can hear the old lady whispering to the other people at the table that she thinks I'm gay! Just what I freakin need!! A rumor to go run around the stupid store about me!God forbid it gets back to this co-worker I work with who's so annoying! Who's always trying to run over me. I'm not ungreatful that I got a job, I'm just getting annoyed working with my co-workers. It's not like I can't escape them either because they're all around me.

I just wish people would leave me alone honestly. I'm not bothered but rather aggravated by how people are! I like to think of myself as a nice young man, but there's always someone there to stab you in the back or pry you of information so they can use it against you! It makes me sick. I'm going to be strong, I'm not going to tattle tale about all my co-workers. I guess god will deal with all of them...

Don't worry too much about it. To quote the cliche, "If I had a penny for everytime someone said something about me I would be rich!"

I went through the very samething too. At first glance I just look like a "normal" guy. However, when people get close to me and see what kind of a person I am then the, "Are you" and "Is he" gay questions and etc start flying. Some people, whom I get close to, will just ASK me, point blank; simply because I dress nice, and share your same personality traits(quiet and laidback is me too). When I was in denial they used to offend the hell out of me(because you can deny what you are but you can't change your personality), now the rumors don't matter because I know they're true...

However, you can have fun with the situation. Keep them in agony guessing. Don't ever tell them because they are unworthy to know such privileged information.

And old women do love to gossip. That is pretty much a fact of life.

However, if it gets out of hand I would goto the manager...Because if it is a hostile work environment that would not be good for you and, subsequently, bad for the employer.

I wish people would grow up and accept that not everyone is destined to be with someone of the oppostie sex. Old people have to be the worst!!! My best friend is gay and my fiance's best friend is a lesbian. I've seen some of what they go through, but they deal with it pretty well!

As far as that old bat spreading rumors at work...three words...HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT!!! I would report her to your supervisor! That is NOT allowed to go on in the work place!!!

well to start off i'm sorry to hear that your co-workers are like that. i absolutely agree with you that it's unacceptable for them to be getting into your business like that. but dont let them get under your skin it will just make them happier. in school i always get a lot of crap bcuz m bf is BI and im straight. people i didnt even know would give me a hard time and when i fought back it only gave them more pleasure. keep ur head up and tell them to shove off. bcuz anyones sexual orientation had nothing to do with how someone is as a person. some of teh nicest ppl i know are gay and i wouldnt want them any other way.

This sucks! It seems like when things are going well, there's always ALWAYS something else to bother me in my life. I'm dealing with such stupid stuff at my job. I'm seriously thinking about quitting & finding something else.She didn't offend me when she asked me but, she had the nerve to say what she thought about me practically in front of my face!!That's what really gets to me!

I'm trying to make work as peaceful as possible. I don't want people avoiding me or acting funny just because of a rumor.I'm getting really stressed out because most people just irks me! If I could leave & live all by myself on a deserted island I seriously would now. I used to be so afraid of being alone but now I want it so bad now ironically!Why does bad stuff always happen to me?? Am I cursed with something lately? I find it funny that when things were going SOOO good for awhile, I'm automatically slammed with newer problems & obstacles!

Have you ever thought about coming out? You might feel better. Plus then if there's any issues you can site discrimination.

I probably will come out eventually when I leave town & live on my own. I live in an area where people aren't very understanding of homosexuality. It's not that I care what people think, it'll just open a new can of worms & I'm already stressed as it is. I personally feel that my sexuality is my personal business & I don't have to broadcast it to the whole world. I'm just tired of people trying to pry into my life & figure me out. I just want people to leave me alone!

i used to work in a company full of the nosiest and most obnoxious people on the face of the earth. how corporate found them all and herded them into one building, i will never know.

i had a similar experience. a woman kept asking me if i am gay. i told her initially that i keep my personal life out of the office. the next time she tried to fish for info on me, i politely let her know that she was being inappropriate. about a week later she was talking about jocks and muscular women (it was during the olymipcs) and made a snide comment about me and my "type." so, i told her (in front of the people she was talking to) that no matter what she said about me, she was too old for me, not my type, and there was no way in hell i would date her.

it was embarrassing for her-- and she never, EVER brought up homosexuality linked to my name because it made her look like she was a obsessed. don't let people drive you out of a place you want to be. sometimes people need a little dose of their own behavior to see what kind of damage it can cause.

As usual, I made a big deal out of nothing. It doesn't seem like anyone is acting different towards me, well yet anyway. The only person who is acting stupid is the old lady who is contantly giving me dirty looks. The way I see it, I really don't care as long as she leaves me alone..