Birth Control Affecting Period Question

Jennster

Just a quick question - has anyone experienced this...I've been on the pill almost a year now...ever since I started my period always starts on a Wednesday - every month it has - beginning last month, however, my period started a day late, naturally I was worried about pregnancy for that one day and I attributed the late-ness to stress. Well here is this month, yesterday was Wednesday and I was supposed to start...nope...it came this morning, Thursday. I'm now wondering if somehow my cycle has adjusted itself to come a day later now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I find it kind of odd that all of a sudden my body wants to have my period a day later than usual. Don't get me wrong...it's one less day of a period now...so it's alright...just odd to me.

OH and BTW I haven't changed pill brands at all...I've been completely constant...so I dunno

I do not know that much about the birth control pills these days. It has been along time since I took those. It seems though that it is probably just a body adjustment or something. I wouldn't worry a lot about it. If you are concerned, just give your doctor a call and ask a few questions about it.

It happens, I know for me I had my period start on Tuesdays for YEARS, than all of a sudden start on Thursdays. I think it is a combination of factors, including the changes to your own endocrine system from pill dependency of sorts. It may be your body had adjusted to having shorter periods now (since it's not real period) and has less uterine lining to shed as well so lasts less.

As long as it is still regular within a couple days, it's nothing to really stress over, it's just a shift in body chemistry for whatever reason.

Without sounding a freak, but have you heard of Lunar Fertility?

Every so often, the moon aligns with the position it was the day/time you were born. For some women this is years and others months. This can affect your cycle (even on bc), trust me I've charted for many years and recently took note of how my natal lunar chart figured into it.

Just as point of interest, I ovulated twice in my November cycle, 4 days apart. The first was my "cyclic" ovulation, the second my Lunar cycle. By the chart I was given, to conceive on this day would result in a female child. So when I confirmed my pregnancy, sure of my LMP I was given a due date of 08/12. The first dating scan revealed a fetus that measured 4 days behind and due 08/16........later scan confirmed Girl!

So after a long winded reply (sorry), the moon can have a big influence on your cycle

Actually yeah I have heard of that...and I'm fairly sure my mom actually was very accurate with the cycles of the moon - my dad used to joke about it because he was always sure when her time of the month was because he's into astronomy and follows the moon

At any rate...I'll see what happens next month