14 days till we meet

Wow that sounds awesome! good for you...but 7 years is quite some time to wait to meet. Hopefuly there's a good reason(s) for that.

Just remember to be very careful. Don't want to ruin your excitement, but you gotta make sure this is a valid relationship, and that he isn't hiding anything horrible, or hiding anything at all.

I hope things go well on your first meeting. Have safe fun!

-Lilu

Not so long ago, I was watching a documentary on the Discovery Channel about this man who was studying wolves out in the wild. He corresponded (by writing letters) with this lady who worked at a zoo for 7 years. They had only met one time before on a plane.

They got together after this long distance letter writing correspondence and they got married. She now lives out where he does and they study wolves together. So you never know how things will work out. Keep an open mind and keep us updated

yes 7 years is a long time. When we first started talking it was just off and on. We have both dated people from time to time, thats one reason its been so long. timing always has sucked for us. But for the last 9 months we have talked daily and have gotten to be even closer and we have stuck to our guns and said its do or die, we are meeting. We have been though so much, supporting each other as much as we could over the last 7 years im just excited that i will finally be able to meet my friend. I dont think we have any expectations as far as things go besides i expect us to both show up at the airport lol. if something happens with us thats rad.. if not we are close friends and thats just as rad. Im just really excited that after all this time i get to sit and talk to him.

im fully aware of what expectations and do and im keeping an open mind about everything as is he, we are just happy that after all this time we get to see each other.

thanks for all the comments..

Congratulations on that one, he must be very happy you had patience enough to wait that long to actually meet him face-to-face. Me, the maximun I would wait would be a year, but 7 years, I would probable already have a relation, it would be too late then.

Mind if I ask you: Why wait that long??